Harley Davidson Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Lowrider S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I went out to take a look at my bike, and I couldn't just look at it without taking it on a joy ride. But I did figure it out.

If you have the ignition off and press the odo display function button, the mileage will show up without the fuel gauge.

Turn on the ignition, and the fuel gauge shows up on all display functions.
Thanks for looking into that for me, it's great info. I don't blame you, I would be the same. I should be asleep tomorrow for working nights but i think I'll be going for a ride instead. :cool::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
'20 Lowrider S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I thought that too but it says MPH in the digital display. I guess you can change it between the two but the outside numbers are klicks.
Yeah here in the UK we go by MPH. So as you said I think you can swap between the two.

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
I thought that too but it says MPH in the digital display. I guess you can change it between the two but the outside numbers are klicks.
Odometer is in miles. Speedometer is in Kilometers

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
Oh I see what you're saying.

Analog would be in KMH, Digital probably would be able to switch MPH/KMH.

·
V-Twin Junkie
936 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate the fuel gauge is on those, but my fuel light comes on at about 130-140 miles, when my Sportster still has more than a gallon and a half in the tank. Between the fuel light and the odo, I don't find it inconvenient.

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
It's a beauty. Let the customization begin!

Reactions: FartBoy

·
Registered
'20 Lowrider S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's a beauty. Let the customization begin!
Thanks man. I absolutely love it. Big jump from what I'm used to o_O
Indeed, there will be plenty to do.
Can I ask, Does yours make a sewing machine type sound at low speeds? I didn't notice it on the way up through the gears but on coming down and sitting between 20-30MPH it was make a noise. I don't know if that's normal. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
470 Posts
So mine may not have it? That'll be a pain. :confused:
As you get to know your new bike, reset one of your trip odometers every time you fill up. As time goes on you will know how many miles you can go before you need to start looking for gas. It's the way we did it before we had gas gauges and all these modern amenities. Not that I'm complaining about those things.

·
Registered
'20 Lowrider S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
As you get to know your new bike, reset one of your trip odometers every time you fill up. As time goes on you will know how many miles you can go before you need to start looking for gas. It's the way we did it before we had gas gauges and all these modern amenities. Not that I'm complaining about those things.
Thanks for the advice. Thankfully the fuel gauge comes up when you turn the bike on. I will definitely try to keep track though. (y)

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,355 Posts
So, she arrived today and of course I had to take her out for a spin and OMG I love it. What a machine!
View attachment 797774
That is art right there. I sat on one a few times and want it soooo bad but I can't pull it off right now. Maybe next year.

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
'20 Lowrider S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That is art right there. I sat on one a few times and want it soooo bad but I can't pull it off right now. Maybe next year.
I have no comparison for other Harleys but i can fully recommend it. I haven't stopped smiling 😁

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,355 Posts
Thanks man. I absolutely love it. Big jump from what I'm used to o_O
Indeed, there will be plenty to do.
Can I ask, Does yours make a sewing machine type sound at low speeds? I didn't notice it on the way up through the gears but on coming down and sitting between 20-30MPH it was make a noise. I don't know if that's normal. 🤷‍♂️
My Bonneville made a crazy sound like you described. Most motorcycle engines are noisey. My Honda is way bad for that. You will learn all the sounds and be able to tell when something goes wrong.

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
'20 Lowrider S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
My Bonneville made a crazy sound like you described. Most motorcycle engines are noisey. My Honda is way bad for that. You will learn all the sounds and be able to tell when something goes wrong.
Yeah I guess it'll be a matter of time to get used to everything. Being new to HD's I didn't want something to be wrong already. I have read though that the M8 engines do make some odd noises though. 🤷‍♂️
A couple of my friends have Bonnevilles and they are beautiful bikes.

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Thankfully the fuel gauge comes up when you turn the bike on. I will definitely try to keep track though. (y)
What I do is reset the A trip meter on every fuel fill-up, and reset the B trip meter on every oil change.

Reactions: Scuttler87
21 - 39 of 39 Posts