Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I have an 2012 EG and my wife rides a 14 Softail Classic Heritage. We are going to get into long distance touring and need more space for "stuff". (I am fine with having the tour package with the 3 hard shell containers, but my wife needs more having only the 2 saddle bags).

What are good brands for "luggage bags" - also keeping in mind that we might want to haul camping equipment along (we do back country hiking, hence our equipment is pretty small and light, but still...)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Saddlemen makes some very nice bags.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I got a Harley sissy bar bag this summer. Kind of a combination Dad's day and B'day gift. Works pretty good. Here's a pic of it on my Fat Boy.

It is a very roomy, open bag with 2 side pockets, a front pocket and a water-resistant cover. It is big enough I can put about four changes of clothes, a laptop, and still have room for extra stuff. Slides over sissy bar/pad and has straps for locking down to the luggage rack. With it over the passenger seat, I still have room on the rack for tent, sleeping bag, and other stuff.

Attachments

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I bought a used luggage rack and a tour pack from Leather up. The one pic is small but shows how much stuff I had on the bike coming back from a camping trip. Yes, that white thing on the back is a cooler....:)

Attachments

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hi -

I have an 2012 EG and my wife rides a 14 Softail Classic Heritage. We are going to get into long distance touring and need more space for "stuff". (I am fine with having the tour package with the 3 hard shell containers, but my wife needs more having only the 2 saddle bags).

What are good brands for "luggage bags" - also keeping in mind that we might want to haul camping equipment along (we do back country hiking, hence our equipment is pretty small and light, but still...)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
I've used both of the Dakota bags, works well on the KingPac rack or on the rear seat of my FLHTCUI's .

T-Bags are a little pricey , but with the lifetime warranty well worth it .

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I've had several friends with Heritage's, Dyna's and Sportsters that used one of the many variations of "T-Bags". The expandable ones hold impressive amounts. The only complaint any friends had was fading of the material. T-Bags can be had for bargain prices on Ebay. Especially during the winter months.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
SAC. (giggles)

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Ew.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I would rather masturbate with a cheese grater, than read that post. ...anywhere, with anyone, at any point in my life...

Even if my life depended on it.

Good quote, fits here nicely....IMO

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just bought this bag (Saddleman 3800EX) and used it for a weekend trip. It got good reviews from others that own it and so far I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can someone tell me if when you click on my photo does it take you to my photobucket and then give you access to the rest of my photos in photobucket?

Just curious because when I click on the photo in my post it does take me to my photobucket account.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
yes dude. I just tried it and I can look at several of your albums. One looks like Christmas pics from 2012 and another has pics of a bund of 4 wheelers. that shouldn't be able to happen. I would think...

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes dude. I just tried it and I can look at several of your albums. One looks like Christmas pics from 2012 and another has pics of a bund of 4 wheelers. that shouldn't be able to happen. I would think...
Thanks! Maybe I"m coping the wrong link.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts