Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting around to the stock rack delete ... got my seat back from Mean City Cycles ... the seat is perfect ! They lowered it , narrowed it , and made it softer = way more comfortable !

Needed the seat back so I could finish up fabrication of the new rack . The new rack has a built in back rest and longer rack .

Fabricated some brackets to connect the rear frame to the fender . Does anyone make these ? made em out of stainless .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mock-up of rack with back rest .... now to figure out how to attach to the new brackets in rear ... not sure to fasten the back rest posts to fender or frame at the shocks ?
and fender bib.

Attachments

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
So Cork, I'm getting ready to send my seat to Mean City Cycles. Can you elaborate on the process you went through with them. Turn around time and such.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Cork, I'm getting ready to send my seat to Mean City Cycles. Can you elaborate on the process you went through with them. Turn around time and such.
I called and talked with them and the gal helped me out with how to fill out the order form . She is very helpful . I`m 5` 10" @ 180 lbs . I was on a stock RK seat .

I called in march and she gave me a april build date . She called me on that date to tell me it was done and shipped . Got it back in Colorado @ 2 days .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bent it .. check fit .. weld up ... clean up a bit and install ... stainless will polish up nicely ...shine !! :)

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
That's some very nice work!

--

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You got some talent there. Not to mention a lot of stainless steel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts