Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
She is on SSD.
FWIW. SSI went up about $50.00 a month.
And there is a $20 "offset" on any additional income. Using your example. SSI would pay $555.00.
Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
She is on SSD.
FWIW. SSI went up about $50.00 a month.
And there is a $20 "offset" on any additional income. Using your example. SSI would pay $555.00.
Don't ask me how I know.
The SSI payment amount goes up a bit each year--I was quoting from memory as I haven't dealt with any SSI folks for a while. And an interesting thing about SSI is that, SOME states, but not ALL states, automatically provide SSI recipients with Medicaid coverage. They don't have to go to the Medicaid office to apply, they don't have to report any changes to the Medicaid office and the rules for Medicaid eligibility do not directly apply to SSI folks (in those states that provide Medicaid to them) as they are considered "categorically eligible" for Medicaid. As long as they are eligible for a SSI check KY will provide them Medicaid coverage. My state of KY is one of the states that gets SSI approval notifications from the SSA and starts sending those folks Medicaid.

The minimum SSI payment is $5 per month (at least it used to be, don't know if that has changed or not). And you wouldn't think that most folks who would only qualify for a small monthly SSI check would even go through the motions to get a small, maybe very small, SSI check. But they will go through the motions here in KY because being eligible for a SSI check, of any amount, gets them Medicaid coverage.

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Sounds like she wants under the table payments for whatever so it does not to cut into her own SSD payments, the pension manager won't those games.

I wonder if she would waive her right to collect, being as it does her no positive benefit if SSD is offset, you might get more money in your monthly payment!

Found this regarding compelling her to cooperate with you, if you have prior court orders, there should be provisions that she has to cooperate, if she does not, then she could be held in contempt!

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Regarding buying new cars (trucks) several manufacturers are offering 0%% financing for a limited time only, would be good if you could find a great deal.

I've been tempted to replace my truck (2012) but it's still low mileage {36,000} and has a lot of life left .... hoping the temptation passes quickly before I do something rash.

·
Registered
38,489 Posts
I'd like to trade my truck in as well. Mine is very low miles. 40,300 on a 2010

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For now here's the plan.
Have requested a QDRO form from my pension managing company.
John Hancock FWIW.
Since there is not standardized form it may be for naught as the Court can deny it for any number of reasons.

I do have what I believe to be a current address and PO box for her. Just not an SS# which I was told may be necessary.
Going to fudge through the form the best I can and submit it.
All else fails, have an attorney on standby. Will begin proceedings for the bargain basement price of $800.
Might be more. Though a refund is possible too. Yea right.
He did say there is a chance of recovering at least part of my expense through withholding part of her %.

Time will tell. Thanks All for the input.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
I do have what I believe to be a current address and PO box for her. Just not an SS# which I was told may be necessary.
TS, I assume you mean you don't have her Social Security Number (SSN). You were married to her and it wasn't that long ago. Didn't you all file tax returns? If so you may have old tax returns in a box somewhere--or your tax guy might have them and her SSN should be there. OR...., did you all ever own a vehicle jointly, or just in her name? I don't know about your state but here in KY even though a SSN isn't shown on the copy of the registration you get and carry in your vehicle, in our state computer database the vehicle registrations DO HAVE the SSN and every welfare office worker, every law enforcement agency, federal agencies and God only knows how many other people have access to the state vehicle registrations database and that info stays in there forever. Maybe you know a cop or welfare worker who could check vehicle registrations that were, at any time, in her name and get her SSN.

Back when I worked in the welfare office sometimes I would try to dig up info/location of the father of a client's child when the client was telling me she had no idea where he was and hasn't seen him in years. Yeah, right. I could search vehicle registrations for him and if I found onethen I had his SSN. Then I could check driver's license database and maybe get a good address. Could also look at his wage history, if he had any, for the previous 5 years. So forth and so on.

While I'm on this subject let me throw out a type of PSA that might be useful. We are all concerned about identity theft. Too many crooks. And to steal an identity a crook needs a SSN as well as other info. And it is too damn easy to get someone's SSN off of a vehicle registration and way too many people have access to state vehicle registration databases. Here's what my wife and I have been doing for years and this may be beneficial to you as well IF YOU DON'T NEED TO FINANCE A VEHICLE. If we are going to purchase a vehicle we will be paying the full price with a check, certified if that's what the seller wants. The seller will not need to run a credit check on us if we are paying cash and no financing is involved. Then you fill out some more paperwork and they ask you for your SSN. Don't give them your correct SSN. My SSN is XXX-60-XXXX but I tell them, or write on the form, that my SSN is XXX-06-XXXX. They will take your word for it. When you get your title the incorrect SSN you gave them will be on the title. That won't be a problem or issue down the road whenever you get rid of that vehicle. And if anyone ever tries to steal your identity at least it won't be as easy for them as getting their neighbor/cousin/friend/whoever that has access to vehicle registrations obtaining your SSN for them.

Oh, and if anything ever came up I would simply say "Oh, I told your office girl my correct SSN but she must have just transposed those 2 digits in the middle", or maybe, "Oops, my fault, I guess I accidentally transposed those two numbers in the middle when I completed the form you gave me to fill out, sorry about that."

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@Louisville Joe
While all your time and info is appreciated.
Lets just say, some incorrect assumptions have been made.
I will follow up in this thread as things progress.

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Was able to obtain her current cell number.
Will give her one opportunity to hold up her end of the court order.
Doubtful as it has been final for almost four years.

On a positive note the Attorney told me there is a chance of recovering at least part of my legal expenses through a reduction in her received % as she is in violation of a court order.

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Texted her this AM.
Said she will get it filed as soon as the second stimulus check comes in.

I've not been expecting a second one to pass.
Even if it does, sure not counting on her to use it for that.
So looks like the $$ will initially be coming out of my pocket.

FÜCK!!!!!
Worthless cünt.
To think. She was a stone cold Conservative when I first married her around 30 years ago.

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That sucks .... document the text message and move to the next gate.
Have not deleted them from my phone.
Just heard from her again. Said she is speaking with a lawyer today. Think there is a free legal clinic in her county.

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Finally!
Heard from her lawyer. Do not know where or how she got the $$. Do not care.
Just know that $ will be added to my pocket soon. > Insert old happy dance emojo here <

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Reactions: gtrman66 and Kainam

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sowwwwy. Still need a truck. House. And somewhere in all that finish T~S.
Ohh yea.... Left out wanting to build a budget gaming tower.
Lap top is okay. But don't like their inherent overheating problems when stressed.
My tablet is ok for surfing and simpler mobile games.
But nothing beats a tower built for a dedicated purpose with a decent minimum 21" monitor.
or hooked up to a large screen TV.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts