Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
old scoot coot
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if we can get anybody to post, still i think we will try. most of us go out 100 or 150 miles out one way for lunch all the time. lets say you go out to a half way meet up of 150 miles. that's a 300 mile radius from your home. this might let us arrange lunches with some members we havn't met yet. also would be fun to read posts about the meets and the places they ate. MADMACK is slowly healing up from his injurys coming into collision 3. he's had a bad summer cold for over a week but said he would meet me half way in ft. scott for lunch on sat. at 1 pm. we are meeting at nugrille in downtown ft. scott. it's an old fashioned dinner where you can still get a vintage burger with grilled onions and homemade onion rings, ect. blast off at 10:30 tomorrow a.m. cant wait to see MACK again and his new scoot, a brand new road king. we will follow with posts about our rides. see ya tomorrow MACK, and your new moooooooter sickle!:banana

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Once the weather cools, I'm game to meet up with members withing a 150 miles of middle Ga. (excluding me going thru metro ATL.)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
This sounds cool, looking forward to reading about some.........
Colt.45

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,209 Posts
I did this a few years back riding to Dallas to meet up with some great people in the North Texas Crew. Definitely worth the ride, and the friendships ain't going away anytime in this lifetime. Tommy, for a lunch meeting to Kansas, you're making me wish I still had my old PA28-235.

·
Trashy Member
4,478 Posts
Sounds like fun. Any Iowa , Minnesota or Wisconsin people that want to meet for a burger somewhere within 150 miles PM me. I am in Rochester MN.

·
old scoot coot
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MADMACK and i met about 12:30 at nugrille in fort scott. man his new road king is a sweet ride. it looks better in person than in the photos. that pearl white with all sparkelies in it really goes well with the teal, a beautiful bike. it was really nice to see MACK again feeling better. he is still recovering from an evil summer cold and is still in pain from the injurys but is off the crutches and getting around much better. a beautiful ride in 75 degree sunshine. we had rain last nite when i got up there was a really low overcast. i left about 10:45. by then blue sky and the most beautiful low huge cumulus formations like you get in summer after a rain in eastern kansas. headed up 169 to 400 east to parsons then north on hwy 59 and 39 then ks7 into ft scott. north out of parsons takes you into the rolling hills of eastern kansas. all two lane from parsons on to ft scott, i took the backroads from parsons on north and east into the lunch meet up. great two lane rural paved roads in really good condition. 75mph all the way, no traffic. solo rides let you behold our fathers gifts so much more intense than with a group. i slowed once for the most beautiful palamino mare i ever saw. she galloped in front of me, she was shod, down the middle of the asphalt road for about an eighth of a mile and into the gate she had wandered out of and kicked up her rear legs and looked back at me as if to say goodbye. i thanked my father in heaven for all the beauty i was able to behold so far this day. we both went for hamburgers with grilled onions and onion rings, very nice. we talked about guys we might do future meet ups with, monzie's name came up as well as kainam, silvereagle and hammer. y'all will hear from us. what a fine day indeed! :banana

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Like Tommy said a great day for a ride. The Nugrille was great with homemade Onion Rings. I slept in and so I just beat feet down 69 Highway (Speed Limit 75) and made good time.

On the way back home I just kind of made sure I was heading north or west and ended up on some roads that didn't have a name or number that I saw. I love riding like that, going through towns that aren't incorporated and generally not knowing where you are until you cross a familiar highway. Like Tommy said the sky was beautiful with puffy clouds and deep blue sky.

Need to do more of these meet ups. A good excuse to get out and ride.

Good Idea Tommy, thanks.

I forgot to take pictures. :banghead

Mack

1 - 20 of 99 Posts