Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a swapmeet/flea market today. Guy had a set of tanks. Listed them as 1957 Harley tanks, $400. Walked up and looked, as he's telling some other loser how everyone wants them, but nobody wants to pay. Took some pics. Asked if he had a card. He says, " No.". Asked if he had a phone number. He says, "No.". Because his tanks were 1965. Not 1957. Do some research, loser..... I hate people that are fake. Told the wife I was going to go get $400 from the MAC machine, pull it out, fan the bills then tell him to eff off...... She said it wasn't worth the $3 MAC charge. She's right.....

Tanks are probably worth more. Owner is a doosh.

Beware.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As always, buyer beware! There's always some doosh out there trying to unload his junk on someone that doesn't know any better.

·
Registered
39,720 Posts
You should have performed a grandstand right there in front of him then go :fitz

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should have performed a grandstand right there in front of him then go :fitz
I would have gladly paid $400 for those tanks. But what a doosh,...... Too cool. Bet he packed them up and took them home. What ever......have swell day. Freaken losers..... Effen suck-hole frauds.

·
Banned
47 Posts
I agree that he's out to stiff someone but both sides, seller and buyer need to research before buying anything to keep from burning one and another. Glad you held out and researched before buying.

·
Former Lurker
2,979 Posts
It might not be toooo bad if he was an idiot and just didn't know any better, throw in the a__hole part and you probably should have pissed on his tank before you walked off...

·
Registered
730 Posts
I agree that he's out to stiff someone but both sides, seller and buyer need to research before buying anything to keep from burning one and another. Glad you held out and researched before buying.
One thing that pisses me off more - the thieves - I have been offered parts I knew were stolen. I will pay full price before I buy anything I suspect was stolen. I don't want anyone effing with my bike, and I ain't gonna support anyone effen with others and promoting such behavior.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I hate that.. don't these people know all its gonna do is pizz ya off when you find out the truth? Been burned twice at gun shows. Guy tried to sell me a trans cover at a swap meet but I knew the part number.. "Oh it will fit" Really? Well, tell me this Joe Harley, why's the part number wrong?.... silence.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Too bad you could not prove if they were stolen or what. I may have waved 5 twenty's and said best offer? Guess there worth that ??? Feed back?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad you could not prove if they were stolen or what. I may have waved 5 twenty's and said best offer? Guess there worth that ??? Feed back?
You have to understand what you're looking at.

Original emblems, were only made 3 years. Last set on Ebay sold for $200. JUST THE EMBLEMS.

Tanks were worth $600-800.

It's $240 for repops....no emblems. Tanks are 1947-1965.

To be honest...I never looked close enough at the welds, and edges to determine if they were repops or not. For all I know, they were. Same with the emblems.

Just never made it past Mr. Dooshbag and his high level of dooshbaggery.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
You have to understand what you're looking at.

Original emblems, were only made 3 years. Last set on Ebay sold for $200. JUST THE EMBLEMS.

Tanks were worth $600-800.

It's $240 for repops....no emblems. Tanks are 1947-1965.
Thanks for quick class. :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts