Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have install paperwork on Lyndall Brakes' Phoenix 11.5" black rotors for a 20101200 Sportster?

I bought black Lyndall rotors over the winter and just installed the wheels on the bike. I got some grease on the rotor in the process so I grabbed my brake parts cleaner to clean it off. Bad idea, took the black right off the rotor.

The wheels, rotor, and sprocket were assembled by a local indy shop so I do not have install paperwork.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
wouldnt that come off when you used the brakes?
just clean the rest off

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They claim that as long as you use their pads it wont. Otherwise there is no point in even selling a black version.

However, based on this I would say that it would in fact come off.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know but they say it won't as long as you use their pads.

Why would they make a black rotor if it would come off from friction.

Hell I figured it was the Composite that was dyed black not just a coating.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Brakleen? Red can or green? Green can will remove paint from surfaces. Red can will not.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got off the phone with Paul at Lyndall. He said that the black is just an e-coat and the pads will take that off. However, the pads will start transferring to the rotor and turn it black. So basically what happened is normal. He also told me that if I'm not satisfied they do have a lifetime guarantee and he would recoat them free of charge if I sent them back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts