Harley Davidson Forums banner

M8 Engine Vibration

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr Mustard 
#1 ·
2019 Road King FLHR 925 miles. At 1800-2200 rpms when slowing down in any gear, when the RPM's hit between that range the engine/bike will vibrate horribly. For those who think its lugging let me add: Any gear wind to 3 grand back off and let engine coast down, vibration kicks in at 2200 soon as you get below 1800 vibration is completly gone. Will vibrate at that RPM whether moving or not. Bike has been doing this since I drove it off the showroom, no better or worse... So Harley takes my bike in, loosened and retorqued motor mounts, still there. Love the bike other than that. Smooth accel, cruising speeds above 2200 feels great. I've built many drag cars and understand to a point. But you are often at that RPM when slowing down. 4th Harley for me, not the averge Harley shake. Anyone else? Now I have the oil transfer, trans fluid not touching the stick, for the 1k and vibration. Harley has the bike now for weeks with no solution. Dealer has been good other than being able to find the issue.

#7 ·
Hugs my 2020.
The engine design is like a Briggs and Stratton design from a few decades ago.
B&S killed the motor wont even sell yo parts any more for them.
The counter weight kept coming loose and wacking the rear crank cover.
When mine shuts off I can here is slam to a stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.