Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Roadglide Special. Harley did my 1000 mile service on my bike about 7 months ago. Bike currently has 4713 miles Headed to Sturgis from So Cal in a cpl days. About 3-4 months ago I noticed the transmission was low so I added about 12-15 oz. roughly into it and thought maybe the dealer didn’t fill it correctly. Long shot but never know.
Today I emptied the motor transmission and primary each time I did each one separately and put used oil back into the empty courts measuring how much came out exactly. When I emptied the primary I got about 52 oz. out of it it’s only supposed to have 34 max. I called Harley and they said it’s covered under warranty and to bring it in when I get back from Sturgis has anybody dealt with this issue?

·
old scoot coot
3,693 Posts
I have a 2019 Roadglide Special. Harley did my 1000 mile service on my bike about 7 months ago. Bike currently has 4713 miles Headed to Sturgis from So Cal in a cpl days. About 3-4 months ago I noticed the transmission was low so I added about 12-15 oz. roughly into it and thought maybe the dealer didn’t fill it correctly. Long shot but never know.
Today I emptied the motor transmission and primary each time I did each one separately and put used oil back into the empty courts measuring how much came out exactly. When I emptied the primary I got about 52 oz. out of it it’s only supposed to have 34 max. I called Harley and they said it’s covered under warranty and to bring it in when I get back from Sturgis has anybody dealt with this issue?
how much came out of the transmission?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 Limited Harley Put the vent kit in and its still transfering pretty discusted with Harley Davidson have had four CVOs not willingntomspend the money anynmore glad I did not

·
Registered
176 Posts
This problem has been reported before and Harley fix is to install a breather in the inner primary to help equalize pressures. The route for the transfer is the clutch rod which goes from the right side to the left thru the transmission. One response to your post says that fix did not work for him.

If you follow HD specs and use Syn3 in engine/tranny/primary and the breather does not work I guess your stuck with watching your levels and adjusting as necessary.

I for one could never buy-in to the same lubricant for all 3 requirements. The environment for engine/tranny/primary, heat and shear forces as well as wet clutch ops is so different that it made no sense to me. So I use different purpose specific fluids in each location. If I had an M8 with this problem it would be a huge problem.

Fingers crossed that the breather works for you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
3,693 Posts
This problem has been reported before and Harley fix is to install a breather in the inner primary to help equalize pressures. The route for the transfer is the clutch rod which goes from the right side to the left thru the transmission. One response to your post says that fix did not work for him.

If you follow HD specs and use Syn3 in engine/tranny/primary and the breather does not work I guess your stuck with watching your levels and adjusting as necessary.

I for one could never buy-in to the same lubricant for all 3 requirements. The environment for engine/tranny/primary, heat and shear forces as well as wet clutch ops is so different that it made no sense to me. So I use different purpose specific fluids in each location. If I had an M8 with this problem it would be a huge problem.

Fingers crossed that the breather works for you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
use dextron in primary, 75/90 gear lube in trans. primary. no more transfering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try all have this problem and Harley do not have a fix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts