Harley Davidson Forums banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
46,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Kainam, this is anecdotal. I have stopped by my mechanic's shop twice recently & both times they were putting big bore S&S jugs, etc. on 2 fairly new M8 motors w/less than 5,000 miles. In both motors, they found scoring on both pistons & excessive carbon build up on valves & tops of pistons. Owners had no idea anything bad was going on, just wanted bigger S&S jugs.

Edit: scoring on both cylinder walls, not pistons. My bad.
Yeah, If I ever have the need, I will go with S&S parts anywhere in the motor. I feel I can trust them. HD, not so much.

When I had my motor built, I requested S&S headbolts. Shop said it would void my warranty. Now that the motor has been built, HD has their own SE branded copies of the S&S head bolts. :(

·
Registered
551 Posts
MoCo refuses to send a crate motor as that is not what was installed initially despite all the part numbers being identical to the kit + short block.

Numbers no longer match as the last motor was built on a replacement short block.

Only way to get a numbers matching bike now is to lemon law it and start over.
I don't believe that would be worthwhile or really that productive.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
46,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That would be fun in any bike, just don't look for a lot of fuel mileage!

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
46,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
Just got an email from DynoJet, and they have the AutoTune kit and the WideBand O2 TargetTune full kit now available for the '21 up M8 bikes. So now there are 2 sources for Wideband setups on 21+ bikes, MoCo and DynoJet.

Difference between AutoTune Basic, AutoTune Pro, and Target Tune:

81 - 100 of 104 Posts