Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made the deal on my 2012 Deluxe. It's got 300 miles and a yet-to-be-installed true dual fishtail system. I am trying to weigh the mods that I do first.

I'm thinking I want some mini apes. I really like the bar height on the Heritage Classic. I noticed that the risers are pretty high on the original Deluxe.

So, folks that have changed to apes, are you also changing out the risers to a shorter riser? Any suggestions on the minim apes? I'm thinking that I want the 1 1/4" bars and to thread the cables down the bars. Anyone done this with the OEM riser? If so, can you post a pic?

Then I figured a K&N filter and Bright Ass Lights for the rear.. Short of that, the only thing I think I want are chrome tidbits (Curved listen plate holder)

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
RRainman, for what it's worth I have an 08 Heritage Softail and changed the bars to 1.25" and ran the wires through them. Paid about $165.00. Kept the original risers too. Also changed out the cables with H-D Diamondback chrome cables and chrome switch housings. Went with a Stage II Big Bore Kit, Vance & Hines Big Shot Longs and a Bright Ass tail light... I like the way you think...:thumbsup

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts