Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we put the gauges back in the fairing on a 08 StreetGlide, we guessed were they went and were wrong, we put gauges in wrong spot. Something blew, I have power to the main fuse ( That fuse is good ) but nothing after that. Does anyone know if there is another fuse upstream that could of blown? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I just looked at my service manual in an attempt to help, I have an 07 SG.
I'm guessing what u r calling the main fuse may be called maxi- fuse in the schematics.
Your statement had me a little confused as you said you had power to main fuse and fuse is good but nothing after, but you want upstream fuse. If you have power up to fuse and nothing after then fuse must be bad.
Now downstream from maxi fuse is another batch of fuses for each device on the harness.
I don't know what they changed in 08 so your gonna need a schematic.
Sorry not much help after all.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
STOP where you're at incase you cause further damage. You shouldn't be guessing at nothing. Get the manual then resume the work.

I'm thinking you're trying to save money,..? The strategy you're goin' with now,could end up costing ya more than having brought it to the dealer in the first place....:2cents

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was helping a friend, He does have a service manual ( The Bible ), We looked at the schematic last night, ( We were most of the way thru a 30 Pack of Coors Light ) I was thinking about today and figured I would ask if anybody knows about fuses after the main fuse. I'm sure we'll figure it out today. Thanks for you help.

·
Retired citizen
22,277 Posts
Look at the fuse block cover diagram and locate the accy. fuse, that's most likely the one that's blown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts