Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase the H-D maintenance package when I purchase the bike in July.

Not sure if all dealers are the same. But the question I have is what does it all include. Cant seem to get a straight answer from the dealer.. They have told me 1 front and 1 rear tire, 1 battery, set of brake pads front and rear, and all the oil changes and scheduled maint..

Mitch

·
Wayward Son
23,865 Posts
If you purchased it then you must have signed a paper regarding it. What does the paperwork say.
Personally, I never heard of it. Really means nothing.
Might be Dealer specific item or gimmick. :dunno
Is it another name for the extended warranty? Or in addition to it.

·
Registered
42,682 Posts
If you purchased it then you must have signed a paper regarding it. What does the paperwork say.
Personally, I never heard of it. Really means nothing.
Might be Dealer specific item or gimmick. :dunno
Is it another name for the extended warranty? Or in addition to it.
I think those maintenance contracts are dealer specific.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Sounds like dealer specific, mine includes unlimited services for 3 yrs, every 2500 with syn3, battery as needed, and free winter storage, and free install with tire purchase.

·
Registered
622 Posts
When I got my 2006 Fatboy this past August I bought the pre-paid maintenance from the dealer, mainly because it was my first Harley and had no idea what the maintenance entailed. It gets me 3 5K mile services within 3 years and 10% on pretty much everything in the dealership. The price basically saves you the cost of 1 maintenance interval, assuming that you use it within the 3 years.

Now having the benefit of purchasing a service manual and learning a bit more, it is unlikely that I'll buy the package again.

It seems to me that it's not a terrible deal, but not great either. It also seems to be dealer specific.

·
Banned
71 Posts
It's ONLY good at the Dealership that you bought it from .
Some Dealers have been selling them for years, One in Vegas comes to mind; sells extended service agreements knowing full well that the customer lives out of state and will not be back to "cash in" on the agreement .

·
Registered
11,915 Posts
It's ONLY good at the Dealership that you bought it from .
Some Dealers have been selling them for years, One in Vegas comes to mind; sells extended service agreements knowing full well that the customer lives out of state and will not be back to "cash in" on the agreement .
What kind of customer would buy any service agreement requiring him/her to go to another state to use it? :confused

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,053 Posts
Bet investment for the bucks: Service Manual

·
Banned
71 Posts
What kind of customer would buy any service agreement requiring him/her to go to another state to use it? :confused
I was personally standing behind one young man who Bought a 2008 Ultra and the extended warranty along with the extended service agreement. The salesman NEVER told him it was ONLY good in Vegas.

I did not say anything to the youngman because in the few words we did exchange , he more or less told me flat out that "he knew all about Harleys and what he was doing" .

The youngman had just won at BlackJack and was with his running buddies, spending most of his winnings on H-D gear and a new bike.

A youngman and his money was soon parted. :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
so what kind of price are we talking about for such a package?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
A buyer that doesn't read what they are signing.

·
Registered
11,915 Posts
I was personally standing behind one young man who Bought a 2008 Ultra and the extended warranty along with the extended service agreement. The salesman NEVER told him it was ONLY good in Vegas.

I did not say anything to the youngman because in the few words we did exchange , he more or less told me flat out that "he knew all about Harleys and what he was doing" .

The youngman had just won at BlackJack and was with his running buddies, spending most of his winnings on H-D gear and a new bike.

A youngman and his money was soon parted. :)
Aside from the azzhat young man, the salesman was pretty low and without ethics to not inform the customer that his dealership ONLY would honor the service agreement. I mean, we are all new at something once in a while and that kind of "failure to disclose" is inexcusable.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Aside from the azzhat young man, the salesman was pretty low and without ethics to not inform the customer that his dealership ONLY would honor the service agreement. I mean, we are all new at something once in a while and that kind of "failure to disclose" is inexcusable.
They work on strait commission and yes he was acting like a :asshat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts