Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
Had to convert to Fahrenheit for me to comprehend it. -16.6F.
Yep. That is cold.
Was curious if wind chill affected mechanical equipment and diesel like it does flesh and blood. Guess it does.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,463 Posts
The outside temp has been steadily dropping since before the sun disappeared. Heading for 20 on the Gulf Coast....that may not be cold for you Northern guys, but down here, that is brutal stuff.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Heading for 20 on the Gulf Coast....that may not be cold for you Northern guys, but down here, that is brutal stuff.
Agreed!! Anything below 20 is terribly miserable!!! I'm just glad they're not calling for any precipitation!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh man, I don't miss those clod northern days at all! Ill enjoy my freezing clod Texas nights of 26 F.

Stay warm up there

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
20 is cold in anyone`s book. From there and below it just get`s eff`n ridiculous.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
20 is cold in anyone`s book. From there and below it just get`s eff`n ridiculous.
I would agree.

It has been anywhere between -5 and -15 here for the last couple of weeks. It is even hard to keep my house warm.
Today it warmed to almost 30. Time to breakout the speedo and chaps.

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
I would agree.

It has been anywhere between -5 and -15 here for the last couple of weeks. It is even hard to keep my house warm.
Today it warmed to almost 30. Time to breakout the speedo and chaps.
Could a done without mention of the speedo. :laugh

Would love to see a 3 is the first number in the thermometer display.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wind chill has no effect on mechanical things. It is just us warm blooded animals it effects. The wind removes the heat we generate so the temp FEELS colder than it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
long as the rain stays out of the picture and I'm outta the wind... Life is good

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
It's cold enough here that it doesn't matter how cold it is. It's too cold for anything.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
It's cold enough here that it doesn't matter how cold it is. It's too cold for anything.
There is nothing but flatlands down here too, Chief, and nothing stops the wind in the flatlands. Going to be in the teens tomorrow morning with high winds. Eff-in cold.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yea that 's cold. I left my house one morning when it was about 40 and the temperature actually dropped during the day. My ride home was at 30. Oh baby was I cold when I got home.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
1* In Kansas City. Was -2 at 2AM. S#!t

·
Registered
751 Posts
2 degrees here in PA. Got a call from the school to let me know of a 2 hour delay due to cold. Yea. the school is heated but the bus stop isn't.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts