Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
junior wit bigmember
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy....I just got a 1996 fltcui and noticed that the rear jug manifold seal is either blown....gone...stolen...or missing due to all the residue around the manifold there. Front one is sparkly clean...Is it possible to pull the screws from the flanges and reinstall new seals without pulling off the tank and disconnecting fuel lines and whatever else?? I took off the air filter and back filter plate and seems like it might just be possible....thought I'd ask for some insight from you guys first....this is my first injected bike....gawd it was easy with a plain old carb!! LOL...Thanx guys!

·
Retired citizen
22,083 Posts
You'll need to unbolt the throttle body to replace the intake seals. That means the fuel lines will have to be unscrewed from the tank. The Allen bolts on the right side remove easiest with a long ball end Allen driver and ratchet, the left bolts can be loosened with a vise grip and replaced with hex bolts.

·
junior wit bigmember
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay....thanx....kinda figgerd I have to remove the lines....I was hoping that just getting the bolts out would be enough to wiggle the whole thing out enough to just slip the new seals in....

·
junior wit bigmember
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got er done!

Well, if anybody else has to swap out their seals I managed to do just that and only had to unbolt the horn and of course the air filter.....the fuel lines under the tank just swiveled around and I got enough wiggle room to slide the new ones in.....thanx for the input tho.....next thing is to upgrade my stock ...quiet exhaust to something a little more loud...any input on that would be appreciated! 1996 FLTCUI

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
You'll have to unbolt the throttle body first,:D I kid. I had la rosas turn downs on my last Evo bagger,a little on the loud side but performed great. Samsons make a nice pair also. Nothing like a bunch of chrome, hanging out the back of the saddlebags.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
junior wit bigmember
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and were the turndowns slip ons or were they a full exhaust? I got the impession from somewhere that slip-ons would do the job and be easier on the wallet...All my other big twins had open drags on 'em.....

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts