Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a nightster and it didnt come with a manuel so I can do a little upkeep on it, how many qts oil,what kind of oil, tire pressure etc. I went to Detroit(dont know if Harley is in their name anymore its not on any signs) they wanted 60.00 seems high????

·
Registered
623 Posts
I just bought a nightster and it didnt come with a manuel so I can do a little upkeep on it, how many qts oil,what kind of oil, tire pressure etc. I went to Detroit(dont know if Harley is in their name anymore its not on any signs) they wanted 60.00 seems high????
You spent the money for a premium bike, drop the$60 on a shop manual. If you are balking at that amount of money for the second most important thing to buy after buying a bike you might want to think long and hard to decide if this motorcycling thing is for you. Riding is more of a lifestyle. It ain't cheap but if it is for you it is rewarding.

Am I being too harsh?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The factory shop manual is $60.00.(Worth every penny) The owners manual, which can be downloaded from H-D for free. A printed copy is about $40.00, but can often be found on E-bay for $20.00 or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts