Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Reminds me of a ride in the mountains of Vermont a couple years ago. I got on a country road that went in both directions and yet was East. I ended up back where I started.
Felt like Twilight Zone.
Oh ya--and the gal at the country store where I stopped for a beverage and a bag of jerky said it was all blacktop going that way.

:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I refuse to pay for updates on any of my vehicles maps. My phone updates for free anytime it needs to and my phone cost 10's of thousands of dollars less than the cars/motorcycle. I won't support that racket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,573 Posts
I've been meaning to try using google maps on my phone (for the voice commands) and pull up the HD map on the screen (to see a visual) and see how well they track together. Like I said, I've been meaning to. I can't see why that wouldn't work.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I use REVER on my phone to track my ride, so I will use the map on the bike as that is why it's there. Geez, you people cry about $150 every 3 years or so, but will spend thousands on some chrome dodad and not bat an eye..........

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
I use REVER on my phone to track my ride, so I will use the map on the bike as that is why it's there. Geez, you people cry about $150 every 3 years or so, but will spend thousands on some chrome dodad and not bat an eye..........
Ha, You have no idea just how stingy Harley owners are. After they purchase the bike, they scrimp on everything. Cheapest gas, oil, tires accessories, the list goes on. I for one cannot understand buying an expensive motorsickle and the abusing it with cheap maintenance items and add-ons...

·
Registered
823 Posts
If the boom nav unit worked great and was more intuitive I would have no problem forking over $150 for an upgraded map. But the upgrades are a few years old, sometimes aren't much better than the map you had, and the entire system seems to have been designed but four 12 year old girls at a slumber party

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Yep, the only thing I don't like about my 2104 FLHXS is the Nav system. I almost always use my phone's Nav function because whenever I need my Nav system the phone is connected to the Boom anyway.

·
Killer of Souls
10,869 Posts
I get lost all the time...ain't it the way it's supposed to be...???

Yeah but unless you have a good windshield, they are a bit(h to read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
How about a 2 year update?
I finally went back after Naviextras and they gave me a Dealership credit for the full amount I paid back in '17 for the update that FUBARed my nav system. I'll use that for some maintenance I don't want to do or whatever. So here is how dumb I am... you already know what's coming don't you?

I figured by 2020 they figured out a fix and a lot of roads have been added or changed around here so I am currently, as we speak, updating my bike to the 2020 maps and it too had an "important system update" along with it. Who knows? It could fix the old problems! Well I should get current roads anyway and I'll use actual maps to plan my rides like Ive been doing for the last two years. Or like the dealer suggested, plug my phone into the USB port and use WAZE to give me the routing and cops and hazards etc, that the BOOM system doesn't and just look at my current maps!

HA. I must be nuts. Whats the definition of insanity again? oh yeah.........

41 - 54 of 54 Posts