Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks Im 68 ride when I can about 4500 miles a year, in decent shape. My wife is 57. Ive worked all my life, Im a 9 year veteran, Still working today, I think about retiring but if I quit my wife would lose her health insurance. Im saying this so you think before you pull the trigger on a younger woman. I have a 15 road king with lots of mods I ride it more then the misses. Have a good memorial day weekend, hopefully I will figure out a way to get my wife some affordable insurance.

·
Road Junkie
1,880 Posts
Thank you for this PSA. I never would have taken insurability into consideration when selecting a potential spouse.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I was 50 when I hooked up with my wife who's 16 yrs. younger than me. She was career USAF, so our insurance is set for life. I have been retired for 12 yrs., she has 7 yrs. to S.S. retirement age. The age difference has never been an issue. I'm now 75 and she's 59. By the time she retires, I'll probably be senile and NEED her to be around full time.

·
Lisa
797 Posts
Folks Im 68 ride when I can about 4500 miles a year, in decent shape. My wife is 57. Ive worked all my life, Im a 9 year veteran, Still working today, I think about retiring but if I quit my wife would lose her health insurance. Im saying this so you think before you pull the trigger on a younger woman. I have a 15 road king with lots of mods I ride it more then the misses. Have a good memorial day weekend, hopefully I will figure out a way to get my wife some affordable insurance.
Wow, 11 years, that’s a hell of a age gap. I‘m a 52 yr old female, married to a 77 yr old for 23 yrs. I’ve carried him on my insurance for 20 of those years. I‘ve ridden 5k in the last year on my ‘13 Softail Deluxe. He doesn’t ride at all and he’s not in the best of health. Maybe I ought not ride as much and maybe stay home with him. Maybe any other women that comes across this thread should think before you pull the trigger on an older man. Oh, and maybe 23 years ago I ”should” have been more interested in the waist down.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IM with ya, My wife has no problem with me riding, my son is 26 and he also gos with from time to time, often over night deals because I pay. Im not complaining just saying.

·
American
26,343 Posts
My wife is only two years younger, Insurance isnt why I married her. But I will work as long as necessary (and an able) in order to provide whatever I need too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts