Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to dealership and I am looking at a new StreetGlide. I test road both, roadglide and streetglide but this price may not be to fair? Also any input on which model you have and how well your liking it? What about the model that you have do u feel sold you on the one u chose? I have tried to make this dyna work but the lack of space is killing me now that my wife is riding way more. They are giving me $13,400 for my 2012 Dyna Wide Glide with 17,800 miles and I think that price is too low but would love input on that as well? Thanks a ton for reading and as always ty in advance! ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369275528.761357.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369275574.181410.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369275600.719797.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,004 Posts
Can't comment on the price you got, but I am a committed touring class rider. You'll appreciate the difference, especially 2 up. Ride all of the available options and then make your decision.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I traded in my bone stock 2012 Softail Slim on a 2013 SG and I got about the same price you did so that seems about right. For me, I just liked the bat wing faring better than the shark nose. Love the extra storage. I have it a month and over 3K miles on it. I wouldn't go back although I am looking at maybe getting an old sporty to tool around town. I had test ride as many as you can and go with what moves ya. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Ditto got to love the Electra Glide...just chits and grins you might give Paris HD a call....good dealer right there...good luck on what ever you decide...remember its easyier to remove stuff and make your own version of a street glide...and cheaper in the long run...

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,506 Posts
Ditto got to love the Electra Glide...just chits and grins you might give Paris HD a call
....good dealer right there
I spent a little time visiting with them. They seem like good people.

...good luck on what ever you decide...remember its easyier to remove stuff and make your own version of a street glide...and cheaper in the long run...
I absolutely love Rohan's "Evo Streetglide". That is the same route I have considered taking. You might think about it anyway. Be able to keep the WG and add another....

·
Registered
62 Posts
A good rule if there is such a thing is you will on a big twin lose 2k to 2.5k depending on the popularity of the model the first year & then about 1k every year after assuming the miles are within reason & the bike isn't damaged add-ons will not help you in any way & it's best if you can return the bike as close to stock as possible. A good way to see what the bikes are actually selling for in private sales is to go to eBay search your bike and check the completed listing box the ones that actually sell will have a SOLD

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, thanks for such quick reply's! Im thinking about going to pick it up tomorrow if I get it so not much time. For a bone stock roadglide with v&h duals, se air cleaner, tuner, dyno (the tuner and dyno will come later on after I install cams but they are cheaper when purchasing a new bike if I get it now) and apes out the door price is around 27k. I am going with v&h monster duals, any thoughts on any other exhaust to check out? Im pulling threads in search function right now as well as googling so just curious what yall thinking?

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
Hey Glide it's nice to hear u thinking about the cruiser jump! You've rode with me & know how much I love my SG, but in the end it's you who makes the final decision of which one fits you. Wether you go RG or SG I say good for you & wise choice. Also your wife will love the extra room!!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Glide it's nice to hear u thinking about the cruiser jump! You've rode with me & know how much I love my SG, but in the end it's you who makes the final decision of which one fits you. Wether you go RG or SG I say good for you & wise choice. Also your wife will love the extra room!!!

Ya man u do love that thing!! Ha, ya seemed like the RG had a bit more leg room and the fairings not so close to my face. I dunno though they are both dandys!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good luck on your decision. Its a difficult one. Have you considered the Ultra? I have a SG and an Ultra. The Ultra was less than the SG plus it has more storage. Basically the SG with a tour pack better radio. Just an idea for what that's worth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good luck on your decision. Its a difficult one. Have you considered the Ultra? I have a SG and an Ultra. The Ultra was less than the SG plus it has more storage. Basically the SG with a tour pack better radio. Just an idea for what that's worth.

add my vote to this, and if I was you take the wife along,once mine jumped on the EG ultra she tapped me on the shoulder and said "if you buy this one I'll pay for 1/2"

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
rg is more stable in windy conditions. fairing is only difference really. sg has a shorter shock & a bit harsher ride two up. both awesome rides. get the rg:rofl:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I do appreciate all the feedback! I ended up getting a new bike, I went to a different dealership and on a 2012 Dyna Wide Glide w/ 17,875 miles I got 14k trade in on it from Myers Duran in Tulsa ( Basically what I paid for it). I now have a midnight pearl beauty!!! Love the ride!!! SG or RG basically came down to leg room and the appearance of having the fairing out a bit was perfect for me. The ride though, both are awesome! Here she is!! ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369362577.540491.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369362591.008051.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369362608.312820.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts