Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was running V&H Big Shots Staggered in the 2012 103 Fatboy with SE High Flow AC, SE 255 cams. Bike was loud like I like. Had Big City Thunder Baffles. Tuned with SESPT on the dyno and a good tuner,(Indy).

Changed to D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 and changed to SE 254 cams. Lost 1 HP and gained 1 lb Torque. D&D tech told me to go with the louvered baffle to gain more performance. I opted for the perforated wrapped baffle for the noise. Seems to me that going with a 2 into 1 regardless of the baffle should enhance the performance of the bike.

Is the Indy (tuner) to blame , or me for not getting the quieter more performance enhanced baffle?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
A properly designed 2 into 1 can provide better low and mid range power, but not better top end, than proper duals. Your dyno readings are so close to each other, 1 hp 1 lbft torque than they are really the same. At what rpm did you get the readings? That is what the tuner should be concentrating on. Properly set up, the mid and low range should benefit from the 2 into 1. Making the bike more fun to ride.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Your only going to get so much from a 103"/school-bus cam combo.
If wanting to stay about the same/same low end with a much better mid-upper rpm pull, then an Andrews 57 set at 10.0 cr, and a bit of cylinder head work/port intake manifold.
S&S .570 would be another viable option.:thumbsup
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts