Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered these bars and then it hit me... How the heck am I going to do the internal wiring? This is my first time replacing my bars (but the previous owner did install 4 inch rises as well as bigger bars). Will I need extra wiring for the internal components and where the heck do I run it through?

Attachments

·
Retired citizen
23,209 Posts
Send them back and order Z-bars that are pre-drilled for internal wiring. The drilled bar stock verticals on those bars isn't the best for internal wires.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I went out to my Indy's shop a few weeks ago and he was installing similiar bars on a bike for one of his customers. He said it was a real biotch to run the wires internally and he wished he hadn't taken the job.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I went out to my Indy's shop a few weeks ago and he was installing similiar bars on a bike for one of his customers. He said it was a real biotch to run the wires internally and he wished he hadn't taken the job.
The verticals on those bars are solid. It isn't just a biotch, it's impossible.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
You could drill the inside ends of the horizontals, maybe. You'd be mostly internal, and threading that would be easy.

Of course you'd be able to see the spaghetti feeding in from the center, which you may not care for.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could drill the inside ends of the horizontals, maybe. You'd be mostly internal, and threading that would be easy.

Of course you'd be able to see the spaghetti feeding in from the center, which you may not care for.
Would it look bad going fully external and better yet, do I have enough wire to at least button it up nice?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts