Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ,
Changing out the pull back risers for straights on the wife's 883L , my question is : what is the proper way to measure them , from where they mount to the tree to the middle of the bar or the bottom of the bar or some other way , also what is the stock riser height for an '09 883L . Thanks a bunch in advance .

·
Registered
41,422 Posts
Measure from the triple tree to the middle of the bars.

883L risers are 1.5"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kainam , the reason for asking is I am looking for some 2 1/2" risers and wanted to make sure I got the correct ones because I have a set of new HD stock risers from the dealer and they said 1.5 was stock , but they measure 1.5 at the bottom of the bar and 2 at middle , so that's why I ask so I don't get the wrong ones , now I'm confused (which is easily done) because I've heard both ways and the way you mentioned is the way I have always measured , again , Thanks

·
Registered
41,422 Posts
Actually, Ive seen them measured both ways.

You'll have to check on the specific risers you want to buy to make sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep , you are correct on that , I'm finding out it's about 50 - 50 on how they are measured , I talked to JP Cycles and had them to measure from tree to bottom of the arc (or where the bottom of the bars sit) and that's how I was doing it , so I guess if I stay with the same way it should all work out , THANK YOU very much for you help there Kainam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts