Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByMO Free1446081379.359085.jpg
Just ordered this off of Amazon the other day. It's a wax that was suggested to me from a custom Bagger shop. For $23 it comes with the wax, application pads and some microfiber cloths to whipe off the wax once it drys. Haven't used it yet but this place swears by it and their bikes are immaculate. Thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for a new wax product

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,781 Posts
I've been using Meguiars for a while

Might have to find some of that stuff and give it a try..thanks for tip!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I've been using it for a couple of years. Very good stuff. A friend told me about it. The Auto Parts Stores all have it. I was told that if you leave it on overnight and then wipe off it works even better.

·
Registered
581 Posts
View attachment 414673
Just ordered this off of Amazon the other day. It's a wax that was suggested to me from a custom Bagger shop. For $23 it comes with the wax, application pads and some microfiber cloths to whipe off the wax once it drys. Haven't used it yet but this place swears by it and their bikes are immaculate. Thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for a new wax product

Have an Amazon link?

"Whatever it is, it's better in the wind"

·
American
28,662 Posts
All I use is Meguiars gold class carnauba, works great. Always looking for something better though!

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
I use the quick detailer spray to clean my bike all the time.

·
American
28,662 Posts
I use the quick detailer spray to clean my bike all the time.
As do I between waxing. Wipe front end down after every ride with the detailer. Takes bugs right off!

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I recently started using Meguiars car wash product on my truck that waxes as well. After the storm came through last week my wife asked me if I went and had the truck washed. I had not as the rains cleaned it up pretty well with the Meguiars on it.

·
Flat Land *******
2,765 Posts
I use all kinda stuff on my vehicles, mostly Meguires. Each company has a couple of lines or grades of product. I think apples to apples it would be really hard to see the difference. Some may be easier to use than others. If you ask a dozen people which is the best you'll probably get a dozen diff. answers. I like the "Mirror Glaze" professional series. Seems I always at some point go back to Gold Class wax. The trick is use a good polish, (more coats the better), before waxing. This is just my opinion. I'm sure every body else has their preference and techniques.

·
Official Forum [email protected]
3,582 Posts
Wax is wax...still using Blue Coral from the still going hot rod days...:nod...although there's quite a difference between waxing a B-body Mopar and a Softail springer with no bags or windshield...:know

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, hopefully picking the bike up from the shop next week. Then I can try it out for myself. Never used an actual Wax like this before though, any dos an donts you can suggest?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Put an order in. Good price. Good reviews.

"Whatever it is, it's better in the wind"

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts
The wash is super important. Make sure you don't wax over water spots. I don't care for normal washes but for detailing days for my bike and black Jeep I will do a quick final rinse out of direct sunlight with a gallon or 2 of distilled water, it doesn't have the calcium so it doesn't leave the water spots. If you have water spots or small blemished consider a polish / orbital buffer first. The polish is different than wax and is mildly abrasive. If you already have a good finish then jump to the wax. If I am spending time and really detailing her, I will try to get 2-3 coats on and I can tell it helps because the water beads longer. Plus I need protection from grimey toddler fingers.

Plus there are many threads here about the wash and wax that I have learned from. Happy cleaning!

·
Señor Member
19,802 Posts

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
Hee hee hee ... you guys actually wax your motorcycles !!!
Crap ! The grease, road grime and oil runoff protects them better than wax.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts