Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be in the funeral business and, as strange as it may sound, I love these small, old country cemeteries. With my new bike, one of my plans is to seek out and ride to as many of these old graveyards as I can find.

I started last week at Hill Cemetery, West of Grand Ridge, IL. Took a couple of pictures. Seemed appropriate for Memorial Day to share them.

God Bless all of our military...past, present and future.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
God bless all our fallen heros, and for those who are serving now or have served.....May God bless each and every one of you, and a heart felt Thank You.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
If you ever get the chance, visit arlington cemetary, its breath taking, everything is so perfect.... makes you stand back and give thanks for all that have given everythong for their country.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 40 minutes away from Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, IL. Maybe some other Illinoisians can tell me about it. I wasn't aware it was open to the public. Arlington surely would be awesome.

I believe there is a National Cemetery on the East side of the freeway in Los Angeles across from the UCLA campus. I only saw it in passing but it was very impressive.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,543 Posts
Thanks to our Service men and Women

Thanks to All or Service people that have gave their all.
That Allow us the freedoms that we take for granted . we Owe a debt to them and their familes that can never be repaid

thanks for the Freedom

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,289 Posts
In Dc for Rolling Thunder again this year to support the POW/MIA issue. The Monuments to our War Dead is truly humbling. So many that fought and died for our freedoms.

To see WWII Honor Flight Warriors most on their last quests was truly a moving experience.

Yet so much anger in my heart for the likes of LBJ his minions and this current regime of... How did we go so wrong?

THANK YOU to all our Service People and Veterans who allow us our way of life. I hope every one can take a few minutes to reflect on our War Dead and remember the importance of why this Nation is Great.

·
Retired citizen
23,188 Posts
Hats off to all the past and current military personal.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yesterday my ALR chapter hel a memorial ride to honor 3 fallen soldiers. We road to 3 different cemeterys. First was a Vietnam vet. Next Iraqi war and last was a korean war CMH winner. Today we will ride to another cemetery and meet up with our post fir our annual service.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts