Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm a newb to the forums, if you could not tell. I currently ride a Kawasaki Drifter 800 and 1996 Yamaha FZR600 (as seen below). I'm hoping to sell them come spring and get into a new Sportster. The FZR just doesn't fit my riding style any more and the Drifter was a good deal I could not pass up. I hope to learn a lot about the Sporters and be on one in a few months.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Those bikes of yours are nice but I think you'll love the Harley.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome from Ma.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devils Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome -

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!

I'm just south of Detroit in Southgate.

I LOVE the Kawi but I'm starting to hate carbed bikes and hope to be in a FI one soon.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Welcome Danase - what Sportster do you have your eyes one? Welcome from Missouri.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Danase - what Sportster do you have your eyes one? Welcome from Missouri.
That depends on the day. LOL I've been looking at the 883's and would hope to eventually use a big bore kit to make it a 1200 or 1250. But I really do like the Nightsters.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Can't blame you on wanting to ditch the multi carbs, you'll enjoy the Harley!

:welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'll be honest and say I love the Drifter. It's just that I hate letting the bike warm up forever and I'm more of a technology guy so I like FI better for tuning and everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts