Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a wire dangling close to the ground on mine and luckily got it fixed in time. Tonight I was looking at the HD site, and I noticed the feature photo of the Heritage has the same wire hanging loose. Actual HD photo attached. This one is not as bad as mine, but once attached properly the wire is NOT visible like this.

Attachments

·
Asylum Inmate
11,759 Posts
And it hooks too?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And it hooks too?
Got me. It terminates on an electronic connector of some kind (visible in the photo, but maybe I can see it because I have seen one up close), and then another wire comes out the other side. I don't know where either begins or what they or the connector do. The connector is mounted on a plate under mine and was still attached. The wire had been attached to the same plate with a cheapo adhesive square thing like a cable tie mounting base. That mounting base had come loose and was dangling with the wire. Seems like a bad design to have any wire under there at all...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
looks like it might be your O2 sensor connector for the front pipe...
Yeah, it will be your *former* 02 sensor if yours is hanging as low as mine was ;-)

Kinda funny that HD had a photo with one loose like that. I flipped through photos of all the Softails and that is the only one I could see, so obviously they don't intend it to be loose, and I would also say they obviously have a design problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts