Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon I just purchased a Mikuni 45 carb with air cleaner for 50 bucks. I have the intake as well will the stock cables off of the CV carb work with the Mikuni

·
Registered
37,206 Posts

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Don't know what those are, but those aren't Mikuni parts.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Head breather bolts are HD PN 29465-99

Depending on what air cleaner you have, that may require an aftermarket breather bolt to fit your air cleaner.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Didn`t take much of a challenge for the OP to throw in the towel....

OP: Any chance you might let us in on what model and year bike you are working on?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn`t take much of a challenge for the OP to throw in the towel....

OP: Any chance you might let us in on what model and year bike you are working on?
I would’ve had to buy some parts to make Mikuni work. I found an upgraded CV carb that will bolt right on so no use for Mikuni now. It’s a custom bike. 07 vtwin either 88/96” Harley engine havnt determined exactly which it is. I’m pretty sure that Mikuni I have is for a bigger
engine but could be wrong. I’m selling it to get parts for The Nova.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
I would’ve had to buy some parts to make Mikuni work. I found an upgraded CV carb that will bolt right on so no use for Mikuni now. It’s a custom bike. 07 vtwin either 88/96” Harley engine havnt determined exactly which it is. I’m pretty sure that Mikuni I have is for a bigger
engine but could be wrong. I’m selling it to get parts for The Nova.

I understand that. I have undertaken projects that seemed like a good idea, only to discover I wasn't all that committed to it when I ran into an obstacle. I've seldom been able to get out with only a minor financial hit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts