Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys like the title says, 2015 Street glide special looking at doing a little mild build this winter and I have an idea of what I want to do so just want to get opinions on my build. What I have now 103 Fuelmoto 2-1-2 header, RC Xhaust slip ons, SE race tuner, SE Ventilator intake. 86hp 104tq. I would like to see 105/115. Buddy is making 96/114 with just Tman 555 torqster cams.

Needs to be reliable and streetable. I ride 10,000+ miles a year and plan on a lot of long trips next year Sturgis, Colorado, and Florida, I'm from Michigan so those are all long rides. I ride very hard I am either on the gas or brake, ride high in the rpms but when I am just cruising I lug it. I'd like a cam the takes off around 2200-2600. I'm not afraid to drop a gear to get going but I'd like to have the power there so I don't have to. I ride it like a stole it. I want power that pulls till the rev limiter. I know a lot of people like their 107 kits but I do not want to go that route...

So what I am thinking is cams, high compression pistons, some head work, ported tb, and FM pushrods. I am open to suggestions. Want to start ordering parts soon!

I was also considering keeping the stock pistons and having the heads decked to raise compression.

Also if there are any vendors on here that carry T-man or JE pistons I would be interested in prices!

Cams T-Man 555, 577, 590, 600sm, maybe 625 or Woods TW-777.

JE Pistons either 10.1 or 10.5 compression
(seen lots of cracked Wisecos)

Feuling HP+ lifters

Fuelmoto adjustable pushrods

Fuelmoto TB porting service

Cometic top end gasket kit .40 head gasket

Heads ported by me

Possibly do some high lift valve springs but I hear stock are good to .600 lift is this true?

Kibble white beehive spring kit or S&S high lift springs

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sounds like you already have it pretty much figured out.
I would add the Andrews 57 cam to your options.
Also, you have obviously already dealt with Fuel Moto, call them up and discuss with them what you are wanting and let them head you in the right direction with what they "know" works. Key thing here is getting all of your components working correctly together.
I"m not for sure what you have against the 107" kits, I would love to put a Fuel Moto 107" kit on my bike. Maybe it will come to fruition some day for me.
Good luck on your build and keep us informed as to how it goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you already have it pretty much figured out.
I would add the Andrews 57 cam to your options.
Also, you have obviously already dealt with Fuel Moto, call them up and discuss with them what you are wanting and let them head you in the right direction with what they "know" works. Key thing here is getting all of your components working correctly together.
I"m not for sure what you have against the 107" kits, I would love to put a Fuel Moto 107" kit on my bike. Maybe it will come to fruition some day for me.
Good luck on your build and keep us informed as to how it goes.
It's not that I have something against the 107 kits. I just want to go in steps because I know I'm always going to want more. So instead of just going to a turbo or super charger, I want to built it up slowly haha then lower compression and boost it in a few years.
I want to get a little fix every winter adding a little more power haha

·
Registered
141 Posts
im putting in andrews 48h cams and harley pro cnc ported heads.....the lead guy at my local harley store got a SG with that combo (obviously an intake and exhaust were on the bike already) to 110hp/130tq.....sticking that to my lighter bob so it should be nice! the 48's throw down a table top torque curve....

·
Registered
986 Posts
10.5:1 pistons, and either the Screamin Eagle or Fueling .585" cams will give you a flat torque curve from 2500 rpm - 4500 rpm, and good usable horsepower, add either the Fueling or S&S cam plate and oil pump and you will have a very reliable combination that will make you very happy with the ride.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If looking for insta-torque, a Cyclerama .575, or a Wood 5-6 will slip under the OE spring.
Another contender is an S&S .583.
Compression set correctly, they all work well.
While some outfits are "locked" onto 1 brand of cam, we have over 30 years of experience, and can makes moves as needed to accomodate.
Scott

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If looking for insta-torque, a Cyclerama .575, or a Wood 5-6 will slip under the OE spring.
Another contender is an S&S .583.
Compression set correctly, they all work well.
While some outfits are "locked" onto 1 brand of cam, we have over 30 years of experience, and can makes moves as needed to accomodate.
Scott

·
Registered
141 Posts
im putting in andrews 48h cams and harley pro cnc ported heads.....the lead guy at my local harley store got a SG with that combo (obviously an intake and exhaust were on the bike already) to 110hp/130tq.....sticking that to my lighter bob so it should be nice! the 48's throw down a table top torque curve....
so here is an update for ya....i put in forged flat tops with the above stuff so i kept the stockish compression....with my smaller 46mm TB and v&h 2 into 2 big radius pipes (hurt me a little) the numbers were 97 hp and 124 TQ....not quite the HP i wanted but in the end TQ moves the bike....the dyno chart shows it dying off below the stock cams just after 5300 or so rpms.....if i put in the 50mm TB and next size injectors ill break 100 no problem....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts