Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
"I'm from the government, I'm here to help" unless they suspected the suspect was at that house, seems like a violation of the fourth admendment, to me anyway. And if they were going door to door, then the suspicion was not there. I like how the officers backed up when the dog came out.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,105 Posts
duh. Get a clue guys.

To what lengths are you willing to go to oppose and slander the cops?

Police in hot pursuit, in a public safety emergency don't need a warrant.

If your house is on fire, and endangering the block, you think the FD needs a warrant?

Any homeowner who resisted a police search under those circumstances

was going to be presumed to be hiding the terrorist.

.. until after getting his door kicked in and ass kicked. And I approve.

..And IMHO, this butt-headed antipathy to the police trying to do their jobs is why Dave is gone.

Sometimes you guys wear me out. Finger pointers and snivelers.

:fitz

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
:popcorn

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
duh. Get a clue guys.

If your house is on fire, and endangering the block, you think the FD needs a warrant?

..And IMHO, this butt-headed antipathy to the police trying to do their jobs is why Dave is gone.

Word! :thumbsup

·
812 Posts
duh. Get a clue guys.

Is Dave a Cop?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The leos where not in pursuit they where searching, big difference! Leos where way out of line! I understand that this person needed to be caught before he did anymore damage but at what cost? His picture was all over the media. Leos knew who it was he wasn't going anywhere. The next step was to arrest everyone.

If you give up your liberties for security you deserve neither.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
I'm glad you posted this, AK. I was watching the search with a friend and began shouting what BS it was and she didn't understand. Watching that freaked me out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
All the bs the cops pulled and Joe blow found the guy lmao! Leos spent millions of dollars and tore the city apart. Joe blow found the guy cuz his boat wasn't tied down right. If the citizens where on the streets and their dogs where out they would have found the kid in no time. The leos should have stayed in the donut shops. The people would have taken care of business.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
We should all be good little units and not complain about police tactics. Remember; it's all done in the name of keeping us "safe".

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
He was found because some one stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. We need to thank smokers for helping to keep America safe!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
He was found because some one stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. We need to thank smokers for helping to keep America safe!!
Don't you mean "taking the dog out"??? :rofl:
Guy's, they were just trying to keep us safe... like in N.O..... Now where did that little old lady with the pisstole go :what?

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
I read the title but didn't watch the video, and in reading the response posts I must comment that I personally would cut the cops some slack here. They were looking for a dangerous person who could look like most any American boy. I would not be upset at LEO banging on my door and wanting all household members to come out with hands up so they could determine the fugitive was not in my home and was not exercising control over household members.

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read the title but didn't watch the video, and in reading the response posts I must comment that I personally would cut the cops some slack here. They were looking for a dangerous person who could look like most any American boy. I would not be upset at LEO banging on my door and wanting all household members to come out with hands up so they could determine the fugitive was not in my home and was not exercising control over household members.
Yeah. I get that. I'm not complaining about cops doing their job. What scares me is how militarized our police force has become. It's dangerous.

·
Banned
853 Posts
Nathang -agree. Under those particular circumstances I think the LEOs were justified in their actions. If it were my city under attack id hope and pray they would do the same so they could catch the perp asap and I could resume my life's daily rituals.
I sense some unwarranted paranoia around.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Nathang -agree. Under those particular circumstances I think the LEOs were justified in their actions. If it were my city under attack id hope and pray they would do the same so they could catch the perp asap and I could resume my life's daily rituals.
I sense some unwarranted paranoia around.

I agree. Given the circumstances I think they were justified as well.

If there was nothing going on, and they randomly busted up in your house, there would be some lawsuits, no doubt, and I couldn't blame the family one bit.

Then I would start to worry about them busting up in houses for the hell of it. That's when the public should panic and raise hell.

·
Noel
8,474 Posts
We got maintain some faith that our fellow man is doing his best to protect our rights and liberties in the face of unknown evils, it's painful seeing that on our streets, welcome post 9/11 life in the peaceful western world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see both sides but don't like the mitilarized bull shit in those pictures, all that was necessary was to just ask people to step outside for a few minutes so they can be quizzed outside of thier homes for thier safety and do the sweep at the same time, all the hands in the air crap is just cop arrogance. Police looked like idiots not heros after loosing him the first time !!!

My buddy watched a cop pull over 15 cars and write them all tickets in his used car lot a week ago but when our local judge turned out to be one they never even spoke once the cop recognized the driver and turned back to his car. Just another example of arrogance and favoritisim.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts