Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting an 05 1200 custom sporty and have some mini apes to go on it. does anyone know if I'll need new cables too? I'm guessing I will but hoping I don't. anyone know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess it all depends on how big those minis really are and the width.

I have biltwells frisco bars that are about 6in taller than stock but 4in. Narrower than stock and I'm almost out of brake Line. Plenty of clutch and electrical wire slack but I'd say at least you should get a new longer brake line if your dimensions are anything close to mine.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if I remember correct the mini's are16 inches. but my last o5 seemed to have enough cable,but that was 10 years ago.i guess I'll give them a try an see how long they agree.

·
Fla Cajun
25,354 Posts
My scooter is an 05 Robbie, and i had to have new cables. The brake line worked but it was tight as a banjo string. This was with 12" mini apes.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these are 12 inches tall, and from bar grip side to other side is 31 and 1/2 inches, but I have 2 inch risers I thought about using too.if the cables will work without the risers then I won't use the risers. well, I guess the first step is to get the bike home, which will be one day next week.

·
Fla Cajun
25,354 Posts
Mine had the stock risors...1'' i think. I have 4'' on it now. making it a total 16''. I was told there used to be extra wire hidden under the tank....i did'nt have any. I just bought a kit. Bars, cables an wire. I have a new braided stainless brakeline that came with the kit. If you need it shoot me PM and i'll git it headed your way.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! I'll let you know when I get it home. I'm going to go over it real good and put the bars on and see what I got. I'm the only person that's worked on it since he bought it new,so I know the bike.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mini's I have are kinda wide and I'm going to get some that aren't as wide and I'd like them a little taller than what I have.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You can also find Burly cables on eBay for cheaper. I got the part numbers from Burly that I needed then went to eBay to purchase. Mainly because it was going to be an extra $50-60 due to having them shipped from 2 different locations (something that I don't think the consumer should have to pay for).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts