Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is admittedly coming from someone who is officially over the hill (66 today) but still riding in some cases more than some of you vets, and in a lot of cases not so much. But this weekend, unintentionally (well subconsciously maybe not, but I didn’t plan this), because a member of this board sent out an invitation to other members of this board (that would be you guys) to meet in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area. About at the same time, another board member sent out a similar invite for the East/Mid West area. The response has been awesome.
So that got me to thinking about my experiences and how I have made many lifelong friends as a result of Harley Boards and riding…………generally rides to pre-designated spots for the purpose of meting, partying, and of course riding. Some of these people I have met are today as family to me, have returned to my house and I to theirs many times. It is a wonderful brotherhood we share, this Harley/riding thing.
Thus, yesterday, I left home and hearth at a very dark part of the day and ventured forth to meet a few of the faceless (notwithstanding photos on site) members that regularly post here and who might have the elements of personality and shared interests to become more than people known only as posters on some bulletin board site.
Thus, I propose a series of mini-meets wherein people from a given locale might get together and perchance entice some more distant member to venture forth and perchance met those theretofore faceless members of their internet life. You, of course, can and should determine the parameters of your meetings but keep in mind that it is preferable that if this is to be a motorcycle thing, it should be a ride-in event. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate event, but just an event where people within a geographic area can get together and socialize in their preferred way.
The best part of it is that crazy people like me who have nothing better to do with themselves but to ride to places they haven’t ridden to lately (or ever) can get together and get some pix for this site, scarf a few brews (or lemonades---mine in Plano were very good BTW). You get to make some friends of some incredible peoples ( did I mention I have made some life-long friends doing this…..really close soul-buddies?)
The rules for this are simple: THERE ARE NO RULES or maybe not too many anyway. Just get your area or some other area together with you and yours.
And if you don’t want ME to be riding out there to meet you, don’t tell me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. I am in Central Virginia, so I am thinking something around either here in Richmond or perhaps around Charlottesville would be good for most of VA.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Seems like we have quite a few on here that are in Michigan. Nice riding and good eats if you know where to go. I'm just not one to be the cruise director. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts