Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got a new softail slim, zero miles. The dealer says don't touch a thing until 1500 km,

I want to swap the stock pipes for vance and hines slipons, and put puelpak fp3 on to remap.

Will I do the engine any harm by doing this sooner?

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
Hi,

Just got a new softail slim, zero miles. The dealer says don't touch a thing until 1500 km,

I want to swap the stock pipes for vance and hines slipons, and put puelpak fp3 on to remap.

Just wait till you get your break in done. It won't harm anything but you don't want to give them any excuse if a problem does come up. Also if your getting them to do the work then just have it done during your first service. That way it doesn't interrupt you riding twice.

·
Registered
11,529 Posts
My dealer installed Rinehart Classic True Duals w/Rinehart 4" mufflers on my '13 RGC before I picked it up. The stock exhaust system sits in my garage attic. Wanna make an offer? Go ahead, low ball me, you might get it.

·
Wayward Son
23,866 Posts
Had my 98 FLHT camed, carbed and piped before I even took delivery of it.
IMO your Dealer is full of :cowdung

·
Señor Member
19,724 Posts
Dealer changed mine before delivery at my request. I've never heard my bike stock.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Same here. Dealer installed the 4" Rineharts, cat was gutted, stage 1 and a download before I ever saw the bike. Yup, bought it sight unseen and it was good to go when I showed up. Foreign country though, may be different.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I am my own wrench. change when you want, it does not matter.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Hi,

Mine didn't leave the dealership before I changed slip ons!!! I had them throw in them swapping my old slip ons on my new bike as part of the deal... But yes I would of normally done that myself...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What's the big hurry? Wait till the 1500km checkup. Hell that gives you an excuse to ride. 1500km is just a couple of days of riding! Then the dealer is happy and you got to ride a new bike for good break-in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
ZERO ! Many have them changed before they take delivery of a new bike as part of the "deal".

·
Registered
650 Posts
0 change them ASAP.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
How ever far it is from the showroom to the service department.

·
Registered
234 Posts
14SGS ,SE ac FP3,V&H twin slash ,decatted head pipe,dealer did it all before I picked up,along with sundowner seat quick detach and rider and passenger backrests,part of deal. Stock parts in boxes included. Didn't even see bike till pick up. I did ride another bike same equip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts