Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fat Boy FLFBS
150 Posts
How old are the tires - that will matter
My view, rather than pay $12k for a 15 year old bike I'll pay $20k for a bike only 3 years old w/EFI & other improvements
I just did not want another bike w/carbs

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bling has zero value. The low mileage does, but it's still overpriced by about $3K. The owner dumped $30K+ into it, only to ride it 2400 miles over 15 years. It will at the least need a new set of tires, all fluids, etc. Otherwise a garage queen that needs someone to ride it.
I would offer $7500 and go from there.
So true. Bikes depreciate enough as it is. Bling is good if it's not me paying for it. Most sellers know it too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bling has zero value. The low mileage does, but it's still overpriced by about $3K. The owner dumped $30K+ into it, only to ride it 2400 miles over 15 years. It will at the least need a new set of tires, all fluids, etc. Otherwise a garage queen that needs someone to ride it.
I would offer $7500 and go from there.
The bling only counts if you like it. LOL

·
91 FXLR
119 Posts
No matter how it's dressed up use KBB. It Says,
Trade in $7,180 In Good Condition with typical mileage,
Typical Listing Price $9,805 to sell out right and this is in good Condition.

But today's Date Aug 2022 and it's been years for this bike.

The Gaskets, Head Breathers Valves go bad and a lot more with age. Age gets everything.

This is just me, I would offer $5.5K and see what happens. I've done this before and the last one I spent $21,000 or $21K to fix it. Oh I did the Work my self, Chrome was Expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks real good, but have you ever rode a softail, the ride may be worse than the already crazy price, then you'd really be sorry, but then lots of folks have lots of cash and it's your cash do what you wanna do don't worry about what we think be happy and have fun.
Rode my father's 2007 on a trip for a few hours. We traded. I had a Heritage. I enjoyed his ride, and it was plenty comfortable. Thanks for the suggestion. I think...too much bling for me after pondering it for a while. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts