Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Living the dream
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a minor miracle happened today as the assistant coach went on her first ever motorcycle ride with me this morning. The kids spent the night at her brother's so she was finally able to pay off on a bet by taking a rise with me.

Once the screaming died down she said she actually enjoyed going straight. We topped out at 30 MPH around the neighborhood. While she's not a convert yet, we are going to get her a helmet of her own; that's a start.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Wayward Son
23,862 Posts
So, a minor miracle happened today as the assistant coach went on her first ever motorcycle rise with me this morning......
Better change rise to ride or these guys will be all over you, with the kids away
You beat me to it. But he said "rise".
But if done right ride and rise are usually used in conjunction. Just not in that order.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
First ride, around the neighborhood, 30 mph. Yep, that's a start. A little progress here and a little progress there and before you know it she will be wanting her own bike. No, I'm not making fun of you. Keep up the progress, a step at a time.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good for her...ease her into it and make it fun...
She's gone further on a bike than my wonderful wife of forty years...although, she does like snowmobiling...
Ride safe.

·
Poser Member # 99
18,041 Posts
Congrats on getting the boss out on a ride 1st its the helmet then the coat then the vest then the boots then it will be her own bike .

Just saying you were Warned Have fun with it

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
LOL! Did the same thing with my daughter-in-law when they were here on the 4th of July. "Oh my God! Oh my God!"..."wait...this isn't so bad....go faster!". :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
So, a minor miracle happened today as the assistant coach went on her first ever motorcycle ride with me this morning. The kids spent the night at her brother's so she was finally able to pay off on a bet by taking a rise with me.

Once the screaming died down she said she actually enjoyed going straight. We topped out at 30 MPH around the neighborhood. While she's not a convert yet, we are going to get her a helmet of her own; that's a start.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Nice! My better half did the same thing... Screamed all the way around the block. Traded the sporty for a Heritage so I/we can try again on a bigger bike. Now all I gotta do is get a rear seat and rear foot pegs !!:laugh:eek:uttahere:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,839 Posts
Way to Go, Kevin. Looking forward to meeting her in ES.

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
Nice! My better half did the same thing... Screamed all the way around the block. Traded the sporty for a Heritage so I/we can try again on a bigger bike. Now all I gotta do is get a rear seat and rear foot pegs !!:laugh:eek:uttahere:
If you're serious about getting her to like riding with you, I'd also recommend a sissy bar.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you're serious about getting her to like riding with you, I'd also recommend a sissy bar.
I had one. The sporty 2 up seat is very small and uncomfortable, it's a smaller bike... we're not spring chickens and neither of us are small. Just a bad combination of comfort/discomfort issues. I think she will be ok with a larger passenger seat, larger sissy bar etc... I bought the bike with none of these but will be adding them soon, then we'll see if we can make it out of the neighborhood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts