Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone! I have drag bars on the bike - not changing them - so, I guess I'll go the bar-end mirrors route. Thanks again for the info! :biker:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Harley and aftermarket stores have extensions for those. Or get taller bars?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have very bad posture. Solves that problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may want to try reversing the mirrors and hang them below the bars. You get a better view of what's behind you. Just make sure they clear the tank.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Bought an older set of Harley mirrors with a 4" round....a little better. Need a set of "long stem" mirrors.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Kuryakyn makes a kit to extend them. Also depending on the mirrors they may make them in a long arm version. Maube return those or sale them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mirrors to see BEHIND you? What a novel idea for a motorcycle. I have a set of mirror extenders on my other bike. I may have to see it they fit my Sportster. Does the Sportster have a reverse thread on the right hand mirror?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm not exactly sure where I got my extensions but I think it was from the Dealer. Your mirror screws into the extension and the extension screws into place were the mirror was attached. I used red treadlock and you couldn't hardly tell I had used the extensions on my 1200 Custom but they sure did help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts