Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several sights show it is still mandatory. One showed it was only for under 18. What do you Missouri boys know?

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Are you looking to get some sun on your dome?

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Yep got to keep you brain charged up.

Reactions: JTJ

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm visiting a friend right now that lives in missouri and he said this craps been going on every year since he moved there twenty years ago. Its a go then a no every year.

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
from someone that knows!
I'd take his word for it, considering he might be the one writing the ticket if he catches you without a helmet. :laugh

·
Registered
1 Posts
missouri helmet law?

Yeah just today I saw 1 guy on a motorcycle not wearing a helmet, even in front of a cop and didn't get pulled over and I saw 1 punk on a scooter not wearing one too! So I was just trying to find out for myself. I got a ticket last year in punk ass village of oakview for not having a DOT approved helmet, it really ticked me off!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My cousin and I talked about this awhile back, he said his son who had just gone thru the motorcycle test riding/written, had gotten literature from the DMV and no where in it does it state helmets have to be D.O.T approved. True or not I don't know, but assume it is. A leo can and will write tickets, but a good lawyer could get you out, if it is not written into the law. A gray area at best. I just wear the costume helmets and ride like i have some sense and the cops around here don't bother me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
In Missouri it doesn't specifically say DOT in the State Statutes. It says it must be "approved". Then it gives a bunch of descriptions. Basically it must be DOT.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My cousin and I talked about this awhile back, he said his son who had just gone thru the motorcycle test riding/written, had gotten literature from the DMV and no where in it does it state helmets have to be D.O.T approved. True or not I don't know, but assume it is. A leo can and will write tickets, but a good lawyer could get you out, if it is not written into the law. A gray area at best. I just wear the costume helmets and ride like i have some sense and the cops around here don't bother me.
I figure if I must wear one due to living in a helmet state then I might as well wear one that will work. I never really understood the point of wearing a novelty helmet vs a DOT helmet other than some of those cool dudes that don't want the dreaded mushroom head because it's harder to pick up chicks.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
I don't ever see this passing. Marijuana will be legal in MO before they let you ride your motorcycle without a helmet!:bikerguy:
Its already passed the House, its off to the Senate.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The governor said he will not allow it to pass. For how much emphasis is put on preventing traffic fatalities I don't see him allowing it to pass. Now if some of the efforts would be put into stopping all of the murders in St. Louis City we would be headed the right direction. The body count was 4 last night. Just another night in the Lou.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Its already passed the House, its off to the Senate.
As stated in a previous post they have been trying to pass this for years. Typically it gets vetoed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The governor said he will not allow it to pass. For how much emphasis is put on preventing traffic fatalities I don't see him allowing it to pass. Now if some of the efforts would be put into stopping all of the murders in St. Louis City we would be headed the right direction. The body count was 4 last night. Just another night in the Lou.
I couldn't agree more. Every single morning I watch the news before work they are talking about the murders that occurred over night. Getting scary to go down town after dark, hell a lot of them happen in broad daylight now. I haven't been down to Shady's in a while because of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts