Harley Davidson Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I STARTED WITH SOME HOME MADE THING MY DAD MADE WITH A WISCONSIN GRAIN AUGER ENGINE
THEN I GOT A SUZUKI 90 BIG WHEEL
THEN A YAMAHA 500 ENDURO
1979 YAMAHA 650 SPECIAL...thinking back it was special
1979 YAMAHA XS1100
1982 FLT (200,000 on this one)
HAD KIDS
2005 ELECTRA GLIDE
2008 ELECTRA GLIDE
2013 LIMITED
2018 LIMITED

·
Registered
539 Posts
I rode Dads 1968 Honda Trail 90 to death,
Then He got me a 1970 Trail 70.
All the rest I paid for:
'72 Ossa Pioneer 250,
'76 Harley Sportster,
'78 Yamaha 650 Special,
78 Honda CB 750R,
2 ea. '75 Honda 125 Elsinore's
Somewhere in this era 12 different mimi's, PW'w & KX 50-80 for the kids
'79 Yamaha IT 465,
'80 YZ 250,
'80 Harley FXRS Super Glide,
'85, '87, '89 YZ 250's
'89 Yamaha Venture Royal,
2014 Harley FLHTCU Ultra Classic.

I've been at this for a minute!

·
Registered
844 Posts
.......traded in the 2012 heritage and bought a nearly new 2015 Heritage. Put 36,000 on it in 14 months. In Feb. 18, I bought a 2014 Road King and have put 24,000 on it so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
jc penneys golden pinto 3hp (still have it)
honda 50 with the plastic skirts
honda trail 70
kawasaki 400 2 stroke triple
kawasaki 750 twin
honda cb750
honda cb900c (2)
honda xl175
honda gold wing
honda cb1100
harley davidson road king classic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Street legal Bikes
83 Kawasaki GPZ750 sold in 2006. Almost became an antique. Rented bikes when I had time to ride after I sold it to fund one of 100 Jeeps I have owned or fire engines or steel wheeled tractors or military vehicles or crawlers. It had been from ME to FL. Had a ton of miles on it. Rode through a snow storm in it. Bought new.
2008 Kawasaki ZX14 Still have. Ebay purchase. Road to WY on it. Been in Derecho, massive hail storm, microburst, snow and wind storm. Had bear run in front of me on the hi-way and was 2 ft from a buffalo in Yellow Stone. Bought used with 1026 miles on it.
2012 Ducati Carbon Diavel Bought in 13 with 40 miles on it from a car dealership. Buddy tells me about it. I go look at it but was expecting an elbows on knees race bike but it's a cruiser. Kinda cool looking. Go back outside to look at miles. Get valuation from completed auctions on ebay. Ask manager if it's for sale. He says he knows someone that can sell it to me because they don't have a powersports license. I said how much? It was $7K below used retail value. I said I would pay you that. Bike two in the garage.
When I went to Yellowstone my first stop was Ferguson MO. Have cousins there. A chunk of ice hit my face shield rocked my head back and cracked it. I rode to Ferguson MO with it leaking. Get to gas station and everyone is looking at me. Fill up and leave. Get to cousins house and find out I just drove through the riots. Next day I go to local bike shop. Harley Dealer. ASk for face shield and I walk around while he goes to look. I see in the back a early 40's Knuck or Flat head. Didn't know back then. Red in color, might be hard tail, foot clutch stick shift and I think springer. Beautiful.
EATS AT ME on the trip
Get back home. Had the Ducati and helmet with me. Meet lady. They have a bike for sale. Say what make? Don't say Harley, yep it's Harley. what type? Has leather bags and windscreen and seating for two. Kinda like the new version of the one in Ferguson MO. This is bad. I have two bikes already and 4 jeeps and PU. Ask what year and miles. Said it's close by lets go see it. What color? Don't say red.... yep it's red!! Husband is there. It's a 1997 with 463 miles on it. Was serviced last year. Bike three. Still have all three.
Recently. This time I'm on the Harley at a gas station. Guy says nice bike. He says I stopped riding. Know anyone that is interested in Triumphs? He has three or 4. One is a mid 70's Trident, then he has an old school chopper. Think I'm going to look. I mean what could happen???

81 - 89 of 89 Posts