Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temperature was cool this morning in west central Indiana (mid 40's) but I went for a ride on my 2006 RK. After a short time I noticed that moisture had collected on the inside of the glass of the speedometer. I left the bike in the sun this afternoon, while I mowed the yard, in the hope that the sun would clear the glass. Most of the fogging was gone but some remained.

Does any one have a suggestion on how to remove the moisture?

·
Registered
39,711 Posts
The gauges are not sealed and condensation will form if you take the bike from a warm garage to the cold outside.

It will go away on its own in time.

Recommend routing your dryer vent outside.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Lmao.

I had condensation in my speedometer today and thought of my dryer vent.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Use Bounce..... Off brand dryer sheets cause condensation.

Normal.

My gauges fog like an old man looking through a plate glass window at $3 hookers. Once air in gauges reaches air temp outside.....clear again.

·
Banned
71 Posts
The temperature was cool this morning in west central Indiana (mid 40's) but I went for a ride on my 2006 RK. After a short time I noticed that moisture had collected on the inside of the glass of the speedometer. I left the bike in the sun this afternoon, while I mowed the yard, in the hope that the sun would clear the glass. Most of the fogging was gone but some remained.

Does any one have a suggestion on how to remove the moisture?
Hairdrier ................. heat up the gauges gently , fogging will go away . :thumbsup

Redirect the drier vent out of the garage too.

:coffee:

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Hairdrier ................. heat up the gauges gently , fogging will go away . :thumbsup

Redirect the drier vent out of the garage too.

What's the average amount of extension cord I need for that?

·
Poser Member # 99
17,710 Posts
What's the average amount of extension cord I need for that?
Depends if you do it in the Garage or out side the garage

just redirect the dryer Vent .....:rofl:.......:rofl:

Bounce ... original scented dryer sheets have less condensation then the ones with rain fresh or ocean breeze fragrance

You can hear their full of moisture

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I changed instrument light bulb in my speedo to a bi-xenon bulb. Instant condensation removal.

Only problem is I have to wear welding goggles for night rides.

--

·
Registered
74 Posts
semi off-topic, but I got water in my gauge this summer (a few months back, a 2014 Iron) from riding one day in the rain, and it made the bike go NUTS. Took the shop about a week to figure out the BCM wasn't bad, but somehow most of the electronics routed through the speedo.

When it was messing up, it would give a "BUSERR" and not even try to turn over...bad times.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
semi off-topic, but I got water in my gauge this summer (a few months back, a 2014 Iron) from riding one day in the rain, and it made the bike go NUTS. Took the shop about a week to figure out the BCM wasn't bad, but somehow most of the electronics routed through the speedo.

When it was messing up, it would give a "BUSERR" and not even try to turn over...bad times.

So courteous to point out that your post is off topic after the dozen or so posts about dryer vent condensation. :laugh

The inside glass of my speedo sweats all the time.

·
Wayward Son
23,350 Posts
The OEM 80 MPH on my 83 would get the "C" word.
After cammimg and carbing it I got an aftermarket 120 MPH speedo. Never had the problem again.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Just in case anyone would like to know. The gauges being open at the bottoms can be sealed with a dab of sealant to be made water tight .

Cool the gauges with ice on the face before sealing them . Otherwise they will draw air & moisture in as they cool .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts