Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you have read, I lost my father back in august due to a cager running into his lane, and mom witnesses it all. So saturday she told me she wanted me to take her for a ride on her trike. So i pulled it out of the garage and we got geared up and left. Aftet about 5 miles of back roads she told me to hit the 4 lane and we would go grab my bike from the dealer after getting its 2500 service. So i did, picked up my bike and we rode the 20miles back to the house. Mom was fine until she puled into the driveway amd she cryed a lil said she was waiting on dad to come up the hill. Then she went inside for a bit. Me and wife took a short ride and was going to meet family for dinner. Called mom to see if she wanted to go and ahe said only if we followed her, on the bike. So we did, she got in almost 40 miles saturday. I'm so proud of her. Now we have a fathers day ride planned to dads favorite place, Paint Bank VA.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Man that great, it's really sad about your Dad, but i'm glad to see your Mom doing better. Your family is in my prayers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Happy to hear your Mom is healing and back on her bike...sorry about your dad...cagers today concentrate more on anything other than driving !!?

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,048 Posts
That is an amazing story. Hard to imagine the courage that lady has. Please give her the highest regards from me and my wife (another courageous lady--but that's another thread, someday). You should be proud and I know you are. I wish your family the best, bro...

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
I think the wind is blowing in here or something...
Hope you take your mom on more trips. I met a lady at a ralley who was 82 on a 87 King Of The Road. She was nice little ol' lady, said her husband died and she hates not riding. She said she's been a passenger with him for 50 years and wasn't going to let his bike sit, so she started riding it. Says she feels and smells him when she rides.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Good for her! So glad that she is strong enough to overcome tragedy. May her love for riding continue to strengthen and give her independence.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what i like about this forum. I feel like i have a few hundred family members
.. thanks for the support. Wife and I were on a ride a few weeks ago for the american red cross, the route we took actually went right by where dad was hit and I have to say i got a lil teared up for a few miles after.... I revved the piss out.of her when i went by, cuz he always likes to sound of my bike.

Thank you all for the support and many happy miles to us all.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
That sad story shaped up to a great outcome, and it has a few more chapters to be written, from the sound of it. It seems that your mom has a lot of courage. You should be proud Ultra. Good on ya for helping her to keep moving forward and not be paralyzed by events of the past.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
That's what i like about this forum. I feel like i have a few hundred family members
.. thanks for the support. Wife and I were on a ride a few weeks ago for the american red cross, the route we took actually went right by where dad was hit and I have to say i got a lil teared up for a few miles after.... I revved the piss out.of her when i went by, cuz he always likes to sound of my bike.

Thank you all for the support and many happy miles to us all.
:thumb

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
No doubt your Dad was there in spirit...God Bless...

This I'm sure of David, keep getting her out, don't let her lose the good memories, and help her make new ones.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts