Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious on how much people liked the Yaffe monkey bars? I know with the 10" bars you don't need new cables. I'm about 6'1", wasn't sure what height most people found to be comfortable.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I would do 14's atleast, at 6'1", if you are "trunk tall". That being said, I love mine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i had a set of 12's on my street glide liked them I am 6'3" and I thought I could have used 14 and still loved em. I just ordered a set of Buky bars for my 2015 road glide as the monkey bars are backed up till god knows when

·
Registered
946 Posts
i had a set of 12's on my street glide liked them I am 6'3" and I thought I could have used 14 and still loved em. I just ordered a set of Buky bars for my 2015 road glide as the monkey bars are backed up till god knows when
I'm the same, just ordered 12" Buky Assault bars. I had ordered 12" Yaffe on Nov.8th and was just told end of Feb. for delivery. I found that to be unacceptable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am 6'3" and i just put on some 12" Todd Cycles Strip bar. They are 1.5" and notched for internal wiring. I love them. Everyone was telling me to go taller but i am truly happy with these bars.

IMG_3024.JPG

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
I was curious on how much people liked the Yaffe monkey bars? I know with the 10" bars you don't need new cables. I'm about 6'1", wasn't sure what height most people found to be comfortable.
I am 6'0" and I rode a RG with 16" Yaffe's. I thought they were ok but they were plenty tall. I'd stick with the 14" bars for me. Which I have 14" but a different brand.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I am 6'0" and I rode a RG with 16" Yaffe's. I thought they were ok but they were plenty tall. I'd stick with the 14" bars for me. Which I have 14" but a different brand.

Jungle gym bars aren't for all the kids on the playground, only the ones that can reach them. :D :laugh

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Jungle gym bars aren't for all the kids on the playground, only the ones that can reach them. :D :laugh
That or some of us did not stop evolving at Australopithecus.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
I too am 6'3" and i just put on some 12" Todd Cycles Strip bar. They are 1.5" and notched for internal wiring. I love them. Everyone was telling me to go taller but i am truly happy with these bars.

View attachment 308930
Was just on his web site it lists the strip bars at 1.25" not 1.5 were those custom made for you by him?

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
I will be getting my New 12" Vindikta Bagger Bars by this Friday they just shipped out on Monday I will post pics when they are installed.
The Vindikta's are the only 1.5" bars hat I know of.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Vindikta's are the only 1.5" bars hat I know of.
Carlini also makes 1.5 bars as well in the "original apes"...just an fyi to those looking for bars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts