Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flatlander in the eastern portion,Miles City,It is terrible here.No trees,no twistey windey`s,Nothin but long straight flat stretches of road with sagebrush and grease wood and prickley pair cactus.-45 degrees in the winter and scorchin 112 degrees in the summer.
Ya do`nt wanna move here for shure. :D
And Ya gotta watch out for them sheep,Lying little tramps.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats why My shins keep gettin beat up:confused: :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Montana - Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous.

:hidesbehind

Hey Marty, you have the Bucking Horse Sale. Always a good time. But yeah, you're right. Not much there in ol' Miles City for riding. Are we the only Montanans here???

I'm in Billings. Hit me up when you come through!

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Flatlander in the eastern portion,Miles City,It is terrible here.No trees,no twistey windey`s,Nothin but long straight flat stretches of road with sagebrush and grease wood and prickley pair cactus.-45 degrees in the winter and scorchin 112 degrees in the summer.
Ya do`nt wanna move here for shure. :D
And Ya gotta watch out for them sheep,Lying little tramps.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Crap give me half a chance. I'll come live in an old shack full of cactie with the sheep. Baaaa MFer.

You dont know what a little piece and sanity is worth till your surrounded by jerks, tramps and thieves on a daily basis. I friggen wake up go out on the porch with some coffee and first thing I see is a dickhead drive by, then two or three more.

Shame it's got to be a sin this forum dont have no sheep smilies it's
like somethings missing when you thinks about it.
:mwink

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not all of the roads in MT are straight and flat. Up here near Great Falls and anywhere north and west of here is great to ride through. I haven't been south yet.

·
Mind Not For Rent
1,307 Posts
Man, I was going to visit some friends in August, who have been trying to get me to move there. They are near Bozeman. I was hoping to do some scenic riding out there. Now I am bummed. Anybody been riding in Wyoming?

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
"You dont know what a little piece and sanity is worth till your surrounded by jerks, tramps and thieves on a daily basis. I friggen wake up go out on the porch with some coffee and first thing I see is a dickhead drive by, then two or three more."

I feel your pain brother!
the only difference where i come from, is that the tramps hit your kids in their cars, and cost you $ 180,000 in medical bills!

g
:nod:nod:nod

·
Mind Not For Rent
1,307 Posts
You dont know what a little piece and sanity is worth till your surrounded by jerks, tramps and thieves on a daily basis. I friggen wake up go out on the porch with some coffee and first thing I see is a dickhead drive by, then two or three more. :mwink
You should try living in NYC. Yesterday, I was crossing a street with my dog when I heard a motor revving. I looked to my left and there was an SUV from Jersey flying towards me - I swear the dirty [email protected]#d sped up when he saw me. I pulled my dog out of the way and he flew by me and through a red light (not yellow; solid red!!). Had I been on a bike, I would have been t-boned into Hoboken. Between the idiots texting on cellphones and guys like this one who need a good attitude readjustment (you know what I mean), I am ready for Montana or Wyoming or Arizona or somewhere away from people.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I head out to Big Sandy once a year or so, the ride from Missoula over Clark Pass thru Great Falls is pretty cool then north thru Loma, Only problem I have is on the North side of the pass gravity kicks in and my RK really seems to like 90 or so. LOL Of course by then I am tired and in a hurry. 700 miles from my drive way to my friends in Big Sandy, fastest I ever made it is 13 hours, that felt like I flew and never stopped, I prefer taking two days. fuel in Vantage, Tokio, Kellog, Missola at that big station by the lumber mill a little town on the pass,etc. along that river is really cool, over the two passes in Idaho is way cool, make Snoqualmie look pathetic.
Anyway after Great Falls its Hammer down, only ever seen one stater up there. Pull into the yard, try to stop and get off, fall over, ache! Have a beer. The trip home seems easier. oh yeah, I hate cattle guards
Carl

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Montana - Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous.

:hidesbehind

Hey Marty, you have the Bucking Horse Sale. Always a good time. But yeah, you're right. Not much there in ol' Miles City for riding. Are we the only Montanans here???

I'm in Billings. Hit me up when you come through!
We`ll geter done.:thumb

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, I was going to visit some friends in August, who have been trying to get me to move there. They are near Bozeman. I was hoping to do some scenic riding out there. Now I am bummed. Anybody been riding in Wyoming?
280 miles from Miles City to Bozangelas and a fairly fast ride at that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not all of the roads in MT are straight and flat. Up here near Great Falls and anywhere north and west of here is great to ride through. I haven't been south yet.
Hitman, I was stationed in Great Falls few years back (like 15). Some of the best riding I ever enjoyed, is Frenchies bar still open in Wolf Creek? We used to do a New Years ride up that way every year some times didn't make it past Ulm another great bar. Say hello to the ABATE guys around there if it still is active. :ride:drunk:cheers::1drink

·
Nick the new guy
7 Posts
Hey from the state capital:cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Lewistown, Mt dead center in the state. The roads are mostly straight but liven here in the summer is heaven!

We go to our home with the Ultra in the winter down in San Diego.

Lifes a bitch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey form butte area. lots of mountain winding roads here, just don't have but a few months of riding. summers are short in butte.:2guns

·
Registered
692 Posts
There is some great riding in the western part of Montana around Missoula. I live south of Missoula and did a long ride up around Flathead lake to Kalispell and back on the other side the lake which made about a 300 mile round-trip.:thumbsup:thumbsup:nod
the sheep are not nervous they run scared.:laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I go down to Kalispell from Alberta and have to say the ride through the mountains is as good as they get. I also love the 70 mph speed limits it's 60 up here

1 - 20 of 63 Posts