Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was so nice the other day that my planned two hour ride around town turned into a ride to the first town west of London. Montauk Point. It's only about 80 miles but Cruising the back roads on a perfect day, stopping in Sag Harbor for a pit stop. Ran into a young dude and his girl riding a really cool blacked out 06 Triumph Bonneville

that looked just like this...

The one they were on was parked in front of a huge private yacht (not theirs)

You dont need a yacht to have fun.

Then I checked my beer level with my beer dipstick and I was exactly one pint low. I took care of that and continued east on the back roads until I reached

After this refreshing ride I buzzed home on Sunrise Highway, The End

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the cell phone pics but they are much better than nothing.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Pretty good photos for a cell!

·
its rusting
429 Posts
cool pics. i've never motorcycled in New York, but the farthest up Long Island i've been is Queens Village/Rosedale in my cage

·
Registered
360 Posts
Seems like a nice trip. Very nice photos. You must have a heck of a cell!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
cool pics. i've never motorcycled in New York, but the farthest up Long Island i've been is Queens Village/Rosedale in my cage
Keep watching for Ed images. There is much more to that wonderful Long Island.

PS
I was born in Queens.
:dance:dance:dance

·
its rusting
429 Posts
really, i was born at St. Johns. except for being assigned to Fort Drum from 2001-2005, i never lived in NY

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice Ed. Very nice. Saw an identical Bonneville yesterday. Montauk... Isn't there a connection to the movie Jaws there?

I think Jaws was based on Amity Island. A fictional resort Island and actually shot on Martha's Vineyard in Mass.

Not to be confused with Amityville, NY where the "horror" took place. I live close by that one.

Unless there is another connection I dont know about?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts