Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 08 Road King for 09 Ultra Classic. What are my options for more torque other than the obvious of moving up to the 103?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Let the bike breathe better = change air intake (many options available) and new exhaust, either 2 into 1 or true duals. Of course, then you will need a SE super tuner or something like it and a good dyno tuning. There is a thread on the forum that may tell you what these mods have done in terms of increased torque and horsepower for others. It may be this one www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41 Good luck.:USA:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas, and quick response. I will follow up those leads. I put my R-K slip on mufflers on the new one to save some $, but I suspect I might be facing a change on that as I understand the pipes need to be "tuned" to the motor. Not sure if you are a policemean or fireman. The insignia in your response was cool. No matter which you might be, if you are one, regards and thank you and your brothers fro waht you do.Liked the Flag, too! I am an old Vier Nam vet...Huey Pilot, and love this Harley thing.

·
Registered
39,448 Posts
Intake and exhaust along with the fuel management device are easy and common first step performance upgrades, as Steve noted. Following that would be cams, still relatively easy as you don't have to go too deep into the motor. Then comes headwork, pistons etc....

Speed (or torque) is money, how fast do you want to go?

And welcome, thanks for your service. :USA:

·
Registered
259 Posts
You are most welcome and a big thanks for the service - it is most appreciated.

The photo is the gas tank of an 105th anniversary Road King.

Let us know how you are doing with the mods. I currently have a set of BUB 7 true duals in the attic above the garage and a SE Stage 1 air cleaner and SE Super Tuner on the shelf ready for install as soon as Spring hits and I can ride into the dealer (the dealer had an unbelievable sale in December - up to 25% off some of the parts). I will have the bike dyno tuned as part of the install. I'm looking forward to the increased torque and a cooler running motor. I'll let you know my torque and hp numbers. I figure I got about 1 1/2 months to go.:USA:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts