Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My question for today is what are some mods I can get that will increase my low end torque? Right now I have VH super radius, VH air cleaner and the VH fp3. Never had if dyno tuned, not sure if that would help either.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
What he said^^^^^

Reactions: OZman

·
Registered
5 Posts
My vote is the SE stage3 110 kit, I got over 110 ft-lbs by 2000rpm and over 125 by 3000rpm with it and a little head work. But you would see a huge gain with just the SE585 cams. They don't carry out to big hp like some but they crush most down low

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi everyone! My question for today is what are some mods I can get that will increase my low end torque? Right now I have VH super radius, VH air cleaner and the VH fp3. Never had if dyno tuned, not sure if that would help either.
what year bike, id swap the pipe to a 2-1 also a better tuner, that alone will be better than what u have,
most any normal cam will net better gains over stock..id aim more for mid range, as this is where most pipes and cams are made for...make torque around 3000 to 3500 rpm and horsepower around 5500 , u can get smaller cams but they fall off quick and u find yourself short shifting rather than running your gears out

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
769 Posts
20180621_153725.jpg

·
Registered
769 Posts
this is my 107 with andrews 67 cam not aimed at low end but does very well throughout the rpms

·
Registered
2 Posts
Several people have said cams, and totally agree. Do not, however, fall for looking at cam lift before looking at timing and duration. Like you, I want the low end torque and I hardly go much above 4000 rpm. A lot of the “horsepower” cams actually lose torque on the low end. For torque, I like an early, short duration cam. In my 103” twin cam I went with a woods TW-222 and couldn’t be happier. It’s a tractor and no slouch at any speed

·
Registered
1 Posts
You want low end torque change your rear pulley or spocket its guaranteed its fail safe low end power but you will run higher rpms at freeway speeds but you dont have to do it drastically 1-2 teeth is plenty but low end torque like you wouldnt believe . I see guys all the time put bigger pulleys so they can ride wheelies on softails even baggers , sportys , its crazy to see a bgger with chopped bags doing a wheel stand by drastically changing pullies down in front up in back . You want torque trust me see if you can find a pulley with 2 more teeth for rear leave front alone .all the torgue you will want. Lane Huston
HD tech

1 - 12 of 12 Posts