It wouldn't roll
I did fix it as much as I could stand and rode it to work for a year

Not honda bashin this one was abused and forgot about

"""Whats the biggest P.O.S you rode for any reason""""

Of course this is entirely voluntary

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
My first bike was a used scooter that I bought from a guy in the fraternity at the end of my freshman year. I was the one always leading the parade on the 2 lane road out in the boonies. The cars would line up behind me all honking with displeasure at my slow speed.

It always started and always got me to class, even in the winter. It got me to my trade for a brand new huge 305 Yamaha. And from there, eventually to Harley.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
But I would have to say 2years ago I owned a 97 accord with 300k on it and it was ragged out inside and out... pos!

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,673 Posts
But I would have to say 2years ago I owned a 97 accord with 300k on it and it was ragged out inside and out... pos!
Glad you brought up cars cause all the bikes I've had even the cheap one I had when I was younger did what i wanted and expected them to do.
Biggest pos car I had was a 77 4dr chevelle, got it from a guy that was going to take it to junk yard cause it had a blown head gasket on a straight six engine. I was about 20 years old and been working on cars for years and figure it to be a easy fix if nothing stupid was going on. Well the head was cracked and after fixing that one thing after another went bad, wiring problems popped up and even though I fixed all problems that came about ...the car was cursed.

I sold it to a used car lot for $200 bucks,just enough money to pay insurance for bike and few other things. For a couple weeks I would see a guy driving it around town with a big smile on his face.

Then one day I see him picketing the used car lot??:eek

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I had a Honda Dream 150cc. It was an ugly blue and had straight pipes on it.As I rode oil would run out of the pipes. I hooked the front brake cable to the clutch lever as the end was broken off the clutch cable so I had it tied around the left handle bar. When you wanted to use the clutch ...you just pulled on the cable.The throttle was broken so I hooked it's cable to the front brake lever so to speed up you just pulled the brake lever in more. Man I had fun on that poor ole thing..........did a lot of dirt riding with it too!
Colt.45:bikerguy:

·
Banned
71 Posts
I had a Honda Dream 150cc. It was an ugly blue and had straight pipes on it.As I rode oil would run out of the pipes. I hooked the front brake cable to the clutch lever as the end was broken off the clutch cable so I had it tied around the left handle bar. When you wanted to use the clutch ...you just pulled on the cable.The throttle was broken so I hooked it's cable to the front brake lever so to speed up you just pulled the brake lever in more. Man I had fun on that poor ole thing..........did a lot of dirt riding with it too!
Colt.45:bikerguy:
IMS that was a Benly not a Dream . :)

·
Super Moderator
12,736 Posts
I had a 1967 Sears Puch (not mine in the pic).

I was 14 and rode it on the backroads. Kickstarter wouldn't work, so I push started it. Learned how to shift with it. I think I got it for $50.

Spent more time working on it than riding. But man I was cool.

2 stroke, 250cc vertical twin. It seemed so huge at the time.

Attachments

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
First bike was a Honda 250, what a POS. Had it 2 weeks then traded it . I almost think the staff at the Motorcycle Safety class I took in CT found it, cause that's the kind of bike I trained on, a Honda 250 POS.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
In the summer of 1973 I was preparing to report for basic training after enlisting in the army. My mom told me that I had to get rid of my car before I left. It was a 64 VW beetle and beat to chit.
I stood outside looking at it, reminiscing on the good times. A long hair walked by on the street. I said hey man wanna buy a car? He said I only got 2 bucks. I said give me a minute to get the title.... He was a grining mofo when he drove off. Mom just shook her head....

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Cushman Model 53. Got it at the Army Surplus store.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,463 Posts
Ronnie, interesting we'd both pick an old Cushman scooter. Definite POS when we found it literally in a trash heap and 4 of us cobbed together parts and pieces to get it running.
For 4 wheels, definitely the king of POSes was an old 1959 Renault. Spent more time wrenching than driving, but it got me through my senior year in high school.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
A 1960's no name brand mini bike with a 3.5 horse motor. No suspension, and only a back brake. Got my first concussion when I flipped it over frontwards going over a jump then I got my second concussion when I flipped it over backwards pulling wheelies.

Boy - I still miss that thing.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I remembered riding a little 5 horse mine bike around my grandparents place. It was for all of us grandkids. But my first pos was a yz 80 that was beat bad. She had no back brakes the exhaust ended by my thigh butmshe started every time . I even road that thing in the middle of winter with a foot of snow on the ground.
Have a lot of great memories on that bike. I even raced a kid with a new rm 100 and left him sitting in my dust . mostly because I was a crazy sh-t, wemwere racing on the road I was flat out going around a curve in the oncoming lane when a car came around that curve. I dropped it down a gear and yanked it back into my lane. I was sitting at the finish line with my helmet off when he showed up. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,736 Posts
A 1960's no name brand mini bike with a 3.5 horse motor. No suspension, and only a back brake. Got my first concussion when I flipped it over frontwards going over a jump then I got my second concussion when I flipped it over backwards pulling wheelies.

Boy - I still miss that thing.
My forwards flip resulted in a compressed vertebrae. Almost kept me out of the Army, but did get me "vocational rehab" dollars for college.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mine was a mid-70s Vespa. It was beat up. It had a Vise-Grip rugged up as a throttle control. We took it camping mostly but I remember running around town like I was a total bad arse. I am sure every girl in my hometown was impressed.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
My forwards flip resulted in a compressed vertebrae. Almost kept me out of the Army, but did get me "vocational rehab" dollars for college.
My neck never got hurt too bad but my head took it in the shorts you might say. I've had about another 3 or 4 concussions since then. I think. Wait. What were we talking about again. I'll get back to you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts