Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for crusie and stopped by to see my mom on mothers day , all the sudden my jaw just starts achen .... this went on for a little while. My mom gave me a couple of baby asperine , then my arms and finally my chest.

My step dad asked if I wanted to go get looked and I decided I should , but only after putting my bike in there garage 1st.

Well 8min after arriving at the ER , I was told I'm having a heart attack .... they had me in the procedure room and working on me inside of 45min. Thet put a stint in and I'm doing well now. Said it's good I came right in, sooner the better

Not what I had in mind going to see my Mom Sun, I feel bad for my mom.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I went for crusie and stopped by to see my mom on mothers day , all the sudden my jaw just starts achen .... this went on for a little while. My mom gave me a couple of baby asperine , then my arms and finally my chest.

My step dad asked if I wanted to go get looked and I decided I should , but only after putting my bike in there garage 1st.

Well 8min after arriving at the ER , I was told I'm having a heart attack .... they had me in the procedure room and working on me inside of 45min. Thet put a stint in and I'm doing well now. Said it's good I came right in, sooner the better

Not what I had in mind going to see my Mom Sun, I feel bad for my mom.
Holy Crap Weasel.

Glad to hear you are okay.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Glad to hear your ok bud, I heard about a guy down here last year, had a heart attach while riding and wrecked cause of it. Good thing you went in when you did. Hope recovery is fast. God bless you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
377 Posts
Damn man..........that's not good. Glad to hear they got you fixed up.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I'm sure your mom is quite happy to still have you around. Glad things turned out ok. Get well soon.

·
Smokin Ogre
261 Posts
It's amazing that so many people don't go to the ER or call 911 before its to late. Glad you realized something was wrong and that your doing well.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
Glad you went it. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,327 Posts
Double Holy Crap!

Glad to hear the good news (you survived) and you can help with diet and drugs, be sure to start taking Omega 3 fatty acid; it can reverse some of the problems in the coronary arteries for some.

It wasn't so long ago that you wouldn't have survived the day. Thank G_d you did. And glad you're still on the forum and will be able to get that bike out of your mom's garage SOON!

·
Registered
395 Posts
OMG ! It's great you were at your mom's. You might have just thought you could lie down and wait it out. Next time you see your mom, tell her she saved your life. That ought to be a fine Mother's Day present for her.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks every one , never felt this odd pain in my jaws before , I knew some thing wasn't right, I'm glad I decided to go in when I did , not the norm for me

It's amazing what they can do any more. I was awake through the whole proceedure, a little minor disscomfort is all I experianced , doing quite well today and should be going home Tues.

A little change to my diet , a little exercise , some meds for a year or so and I should be fine the Dr says.

If you feel an odd or lingering pain ,arms , back , jaws, neck ,and chest , go get it checked. Time is the key , if they can get a stint in with in 3 hrs of the onset of pain is when the best results are achieved.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Glad your here to type this post. I'm sure your mom is greatful that your okay, and look at it this way, ya got many years to make it up to her.

When my Dad had his first heart attack he was told everyone has their own type of pain, rarely is it the classic numb left arm then chest. His was a burning like he had swallowed something hot. You are fortunate in that you now know what yours is. Take care, the healing process is amazingly fast these days.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Glad it happened while you were stopped and not while riding. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
great outcome Duce. Follow their instructions and stay healthy. Glad all looks good.

·
Retired citizen
23,203 Posts
Dang man, now that's just friggin' crazy !!!
Now I'm thinking I'm getting a couple of those feelings every other day ! I just don't know except I haven't fallin' over dead yet !

·
Registered
529 Posts
Glad you're doing well Duce. A friend of mine had a bad toothache. He called his dentist and he told him he couldn't get to him till the next weekday, if he had problems go by the ER. He woke up that night and told his wife he was going. She stayed with their kids while he drove himself to the ER. Imagine her thoughts when she found out they'd diagnosed a heart attack. It doesn't always appear as the "normal" signs. Take care of yourself.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Glad you were wise enough to get things checked out a.s.a.p. Most people don't bother then guess what,....

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,361 Posts
You're even more fortunate than you realize: if you had been anyplace else, chances are no one would have thought to give you those aspirins. That alone bought you the time you needed to make it. Mom was on the ball there. Glad you're on the recovery side of this thing now.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Looked at your profile, ain't no age. Glad your Ok, good thing MOM knew what to do, but.......don't they allways? Hope your back in the saddle soon...:thumb

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looked at your profile, ain't no age. Glad your Ok, good thing MOM knew what to do, but.......don't they allways? Hope your back in the saddle soon...:thumb
Turned 53 in Jan , glad it was Mothers day and was over there, I may have tried to lay down and let it pass if I'd been home , that would not have been good.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts