Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that my 2003 Harley Davidson 88B twin cam motor produces unbearable heat especially from the rear cylinder head. Is that true? Does anyone here have a product or solution that reduces the heat hitting the driver‘s thigh to make it more bearable?

· Registered
'20 Heritage Classic 114
32 Posts
There are air deflectors from Harley and other aftermarket manufacturers for just that purpose. I think they are model specific, not motor specific so I guess it depends on what your 88B is set in.

· Registered
150 Posts
I hear that my 2003 Harley Davidson 88B twin cam motor produces unbearable heat especially from the rear cylinder head. Is that true? Does anyone here have a product or solution that reduces the heat hitting the driver‘s thigh to make it more bearable?
Does it actually feel hotter? My '14 Twin Cam is hot. Love Jugs and and a Jagg oil cooler with fan help alot.As does an FP3 tuner adding more fuel. My M8 with the factory oil cooler is fine.DK Customs has what you need to cool your motor down.Yes you will have to spend some money.

· Registered
3,853 Posts
And there's these guys......... GREAT people too!!

· Wayward Son
24,994 Posts

From reading done back shortly after the TC intro and heat complaints were common, Captain Itch's products were getting top reviews.

· Registered
3,853 Posts
And........... they used to make some pretty badass saddlebag holsters and mag holders too. At least before the fire...... :( They lost all their holster dies and templates.

· old scoot coot
7,665 Posts

i have them on my 14 and 17 limiteds. they really work. didn't have em on my 2010 road king. big difference.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
47,316 Posts
I don't know...we ride motorcycles.....heat is par for the course...deal with it or by a moped. Or put on thick jeans like Levi's.
Hmm, how many miles a year do you put on that Breakout?

:ROFLMAO: Just got back into riding in October and already you're a badass? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

· Registered
62 Posts
Hmm, how many miles a year do you put on that Breakout?

:ROFLMAO: Just got back into riding in October and already you're a badass? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ahh Touche' Sir. ...
Just busting chops...I should have put a smiley emoji and changed up a few words. My apologies to the OP. Engines give off a lot of heat especially if stuck in stop and go traffic.

2200 since end of August up here in the northeast. Probably do 7500 +- in a year. nothing crazy.

· Registered
7,701 Posts
I use Love-Jugs on my 110 TC. Still gets hot when in stop and go traffic, but helps with oil temp on a hot day.

· Registered
3,853 Posts
I use Love-Jugs on my 110 TC. Still gets hot when in stop and go traffic, but helps with oil temp on a hot day.
Ya know, I've looked at those for my bike considering the amount of time I ride in 100+ degree weather. Does the fan blow the heat from the "Loved" jugs out the right side of the bike causing it to get hotter on the right leg? Always wondered and now I know a guy who uses them..........

· Registered
7,701 Posts
Ya know, I've looked at those for my bike considering the amount of time I ride in 100+ degree weather. Does the fan blow the heat from the "Loved" jugs out the right side of the bike causing it to get hotter on the right leg? Always wondered and now I know a guy who uses them..........
I can't notice any difference on my leg. Certainly not while riding. If stopped in traffic my right leg gets hot whether or not the fans are on. BTW the 110 (CVO) has an oil cooler, but without the cycle moving there is no air over the oil cooler, so I run the Love-Jugs to try and keep the engine as cool as I can. I'm not sure that they are as effective as the advertisement says, but they do help. My engine was dyno tuned with a TT Mastertune and seems to be real decent on a/f mix. Too rich just washes down the cylinder walls.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts