Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally sat down last night and figured out the motor mounts. I dug threw my Buell parts manual and figured out what hardware I could try and use and most of all of it fit. I had to make one trip to Lowe's to find a bolt. My boy Chris "cmashark" from 1130cc came over to help me out and we got the motor shoved in. Still no word from the assholes in South Dakota about the rest of my stuff. The stock belt is too short so I'm going to have to find a longer one or switch to a chain.

Attachments

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After taking the belt to a belt supply company today they dropped the bad news on me. The thread and teeth pitch of the belt is proprietary to Buell/Harley. They called 3 different manufactures and nothing. :mad: Time for a sprocket and chain conversion.

·
Registered
411 Posts
After taking the belt to a belt supply company today they dropped the bad news on me. The thread and teeth pitch of the belt is proprietary to Buell/Harley. They called 3 different manufactures and nothing. :mad: Time for a sprocket and chain conversion.
Are you certain to other HD belt will be long enough?
Do you know how many teeth you need?

Have had this situation in the past, and managed to find the correct length belt.

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AJ the belt is like 11 or 12mm and the stock length is 155. The rear pulley is 72th and the front is 30. Unless my math is real fuzzy I need a 172 or 173 tooth belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts