Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to take training classes or learn to ride well before I actually purchase a bike. But I'm not sure where to go that doesn't cost $250. Are there any? I'm in North Texas.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Google search Texas MSF courses. That should get you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
after you will know that 250 bucks was the best spend you ever made-

·
Registered
219 Posts
Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Beginner Rider Course. It's a great way to start. Check with nearby community colleges. Many of them offer this class at very reasonable rates.

Then, when you start to get a little arrogant, take the Experienced Rider's Course. You will learn all about your bad habits as well as the good habits that you haven't yet developed. Get your boyfriend to take this class with you. It's 8 hours of riding and talking about motorcycles. How bad can that be?

af

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Beginner Rider Course. It's a great way to start. Check with nearby community colleges. Many of them offer this class at very reasonable rates.

Then, when you start to get a little arrogant, take the Experienced Rider's Course. You will learn all about your bad habits as well as the good habits that you haven't yet developed. Get your boyfriend to take this class with you. It's 8 hours of riding and talking about motorcycles. How bad can that be?

af
Yup! What he said.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
In texas almost every MSF course is a $250 charge, but I do know my local H-D stealership will give you the class for free if you buy a bike from them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Check your local community college when i took mine the college was half the price of the dealership

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, I talked to my Local Harley dealership. They're gonna get me into the class and just put the $235 towards credit on my new Harley. Boo Yah.

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
Take this course in Metro NY and pay $350.00. It's a bargain in TX. :)

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,674 Posts
I've posted this before,
My wife rode on a permit for a while, then took riders course/class.

There was a campground across street from the place where classes were taking place so we camped there and I watched the class when it came time to do the riding part.

WOW!!! The students learned quick and well... at first most of the class looked like total beginners...I'm talking..never been on a bike beginners. They had to advise one person that they had to quit before they got hurt..

And at the end of the three day ordeal they all but that one were doing very well through the course in parking lot...I was really amazed at the quick results.

It made me a believer in the riders course...just saying.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
Congratulations on having the good sense to take a riding course. They will teach you a lot of stuff that you may never pick up on your own. Once you get some time on the bike, taking an intermediate course is a good idea too.

Riding a motorcycle is so much more complex than driving a car. Just learning how to brake correctly is an art all to itself.

Pete

I'd like to take training classes or learn to ride well before I actually purchase a bike. But I'm not sure where to go that doesn't cost $250. Are there any? I'm in North Texas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts