Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've got a 2007 Street Bob with a quick detach windshield and HD bolt on leather saddle bags. I also have a quick detach sissy bar for when the better half rides with me.

I have to keep the bike in my driveway during the riding season as I don't have a garage. I'm a big fan of the Dowco line of bike covers but it seems like every year they change sizes. Sometimes a large is perfect, then the next time I buy a cover I need to get an XL. Last one I bought I used mostly on my 2005 Super Glide (the bike I had before the Street Bob). That one was an XL and fit great.

It's time to buy another cover but Dowco recommends a size Medium for the Street Bob. All the reviews say order a size larger than recommended because they run small. So do I order the large or order another XL and take the chance it will be too big for the bike?

Yeah I know "why is he worrying about stupid crap like this"? Lol! Just want to spend my $70 as wisely as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The model I'm looking at is the Guardian Weatherall or Weatherall Plus.

Thanks!
KrustyTC

·
Registered
595 Posts
Park it in the living room. For one it will be a great conversation piece. Two, awesome decoration. Three, your wife already loves it. The final reason, would you leave a child outside all night long? I think not. Do the right thing so we don't call child wellfare on you. :laugh

To answer the original question. Having all your bolt and stick-ons on the bike I would go one size larger. There are ways to take slack out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,511 Posts
Like you, I have no place inside to park my bike. I just use a cheap cover. I always get the biggest one I can find ('04 Superglide with 16" apes, and saddle bags) then I take up the slack with a couple of bungee cords.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a cheap cover last year and it was terrible. Difficult to put on and fit was lousy. I can get the Dowco for around $70. They always fit great and keep the moisture and dust off the bike.
Thanks,
KrustyTC

Like you, I have no place inside to park my bike. I just use a cheap cover. I always get the biggest one I can find ('04 Superglide with 16" apes, and saddle bags) then I take up the slack with a couple of bungee cords.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered the XL. That's the size I used on my 2005 Super Glide with essentially the same windshield, saddle bags and sissy bar as the Street Bob and it fit perfectly. Will let you know if I made the right choice.

later,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a heads up to all my Forum friends. The XL does NOT fit a 2007 Street Bob. It is too small to go all the way to the ground which is how it fit on my 05 Super Glide. If I only covered part of the front and rear tires it would fit but that would leave them exposed to the elements. On my 05 it went to the ground all the way around the bike. I'm returning it and will order an XXL and hope for the best. Lol.

thanks,
KrustyTC

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Just a heads up to all my Forum friends. The XL does NOT fit a 2007 Street Bob. It is too small to go all the way to the ground which is how it fit on my 05 Super Glide. If I only covered part of the front and rear tires it would fit but that would leave them exposed to the elements. On my 05 it went to the ground all the way around the bike. I'm returning it and will order an XXL and hope for the best. Lol.

thanks,
KrustyTC
Damn apes!
Hate to hear it didn't work out for ya!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts